I like my "spreel"!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude, what is your reservation about the bolt snap attachment? It's a thin piece of nylon web -- I don't think it would be difficult to cut if need be, and it's supposed to have only 100 lb breaking strain.

image6001.jpg

That's what worries me. I'm just not a big fan of screws through cloth. I've seen too many tears, and too much wear over time.

I realize Adam made them that way on purpose, because he didn't like the usual metal-to-metal connections and he wanted something that could be cut away... but as much I like everything else about the product, I just don't like the look of that connection.

I assume you found these based on the DecoStop thread like I did? I think others expressed the same concern.

I did find them through that thread.

I've looked at the connection. Perhaps it will wear over time; I can monitor it, and replace if needed. It beats a metal-to-metal connection, which I would not have bought.

Yep - fly reel thinking put into dive service. Great job.

Thanks for the review Lynn - as others have said; yet another gadget to lust for ... :wink:

Henrik

I did find them through that thread.

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for the writeup. I have 30 more spreels coming in and another 60 or so on order. I am still holding a special on them.

Buy a Large and a small reel, and get free shipping and a Jolly Rancher candy. :D

I recommend these reels as safety and jump-gap reels. They are also great for shooting bags or doing a search pattern underwater. For a Primary reel, I would recommend a Salvo 400' reel with #24 line. Also the "Spreels" are not a deadly metal to metal furball prone line trap like the dive rite handle reels.

The Spreels are not the answer to everything reel related, but they are absolutely a better mousetrap for the jobs that they are designed to do.

You can order your Spreels by calling me at the shop 863-471-DIVE(3483)

Safe Diving everyone

Just ordered 2 today, looking forward to checking them out!

Just had a chance today to test my new spreel. Works like a champ -- incredibly well thought out. Excellent for shooting a bag / delayed smb. Behaves exactly as is shown in the video on the Whatworks site.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this, Mike!

Back
Top Bottom