I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first ex was a hella decocker.

Here I am circa 1982 Red-neck style "runnin' out for some fillets"...... going "hybrid- vintage" Thompson Center 50 cal. Hawkin kit, I put together

50cal_zps9b1e3471.jpg

Why would you let your chicken touch your guns?

And you call me and sheep sick....

Here I am circa 1982 Red-neck style "runnin' out for some fillets"...... going "hybrid- vintage" Thompson Center 50 cal. Hawkin kit, I put together

50cal_zps9b1e3471.jpg

Looks like 1892. Nice.

50cal_zps9b1e3471.jpg

With that double set trigger, the 50 cal Hawkins was deadly accurate, even with just the patched ball. I had a friend, now long gone, who was a very good shot, and one day I went up against him, using my kit Hawkins, and he was stunned at what that Hawkins could do at 150 yards. No where near as much killing power at that range as his 270, but no less accurate.

I have not shot the gun now in over 20 years, because I simply hate how long it takes me to clean it, but it looks good hanging above the fireplace. I used to shoot it, and the copy old Navy revolver a lot. Back then I shot all of my firearms a lot more than I do these days.

With that double set trigger, the 50 cal Hawkins was deadly accurate, even with just the patched ball. I had a friend, now long gone, who was a very good shot, and one day I went up against him, using my kit Hawkins, and he was stunned at what that Hawkins could do at 150 yards. No where near as much killing power at that range as his 270, but no less accurate.

I have not shot the gun now in over 20 years, because I simply hate how long it takes me to clean it, but it looks good hanging above the fireplace. I used to shoot it, and the copy old Navy revolver a lot. Back then I shot all of my firearms a lot more than I do these days.

Which is one reason why the glock and AR get so much exercise, some oil and bang bang bang.

My brother has a CVA in-line and I've been with him a few times while he's messing with it. If he doesn't clean it after every other shot the thing misfires. Some of the great white hunters (I think he said Jim shockey, whoever that is) claim they go 100 rounds without cleaning using white hots. All greek to me but my bro is either doing something terribly wrong or they are full of ****.

You didn't post a picture of a gun, Hockey. Can't follow your own rules? You're such a rebel.

Christmas list .... (yeah, right)

[img300]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/Fiftydriver/ImportedPhotos00005-7.jpg[/img300]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom