I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is one reason why the glock and AR get so much exercise, some oil and bang bang bang.

My brother has a CVA in-line and I've been with him a few times while he's messing with it. If he doesn't clean it after every other shot the thing misfires. Some of the great white hunters (I think he said Jim shockey, whoever that is) claim they go 100 rounds without cleaning using white hots. All greek to me but my bro is either doing something terribly wrong or they are full of ****.

I was not a fan of pyrodex, and preferred shooting with traditional black powder, but black powder is very corrosive and requires extensive cleaning at the end of the day. I do know that the Hawkins could be shot all day without cleaning it once, and it would not misfire, but when you were done you had a long dirty cleaning job ahead of you. :shakehead:

I have never owned one of the newer, inline muzzle loaders, so I can not speak about them. I had one old single shot CVA 50 Cal kit pistol, the Hawkins from a kit, and the new copy of the old Navy revolver, but as I said none of them have been fired in 20 years or so.

And of course, the token gun image:

Attachments

• beauty-gun.jpg
    beauty-gun.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 133
That's magazine quality.

Henpecked = decocked?

No, not at all. There is more than one way to get your pistol de-cocked yanno. :eyebrow:

I use white hots and like them better than pyrodex or 777. I find that after about 15 shots it becomes very difficult to load the bullet down the barrel. Here in Ohio a muzzie is the only chance we have of deer hunting with a rifle. It's either shotgun, pistol or ML. Really stupid that pistol cal. carbines are not allowed, I can kind of see their point for most of the state but the southern part there is no reason why a rifle of any sort could not be used.

Looks like 1892. Nice.
Ha !! except the saddle's wrong, the leggin's are a bit off also ...:D

Yes the Modern Hawkins are pretty accurate. In the day I was Hunting accurate out to about 130 yards, it did force me to get way better at stalking which in turn led me to Archery Hunting. Which I would not not recommend taking up at the same time as golf !!!!

No, not at all. There is more than one way to get your pistol de-cocked yanno. :eyebrow:

I use white hots and like them better than pyrodex or 777. I find that after about 15 shots it becomes very difficult to load the bullet down the barrel. Here in Ohio a muzzie is the only chance we have of deer hunting with a rifle. It's either shotgun, pistol or ML. Really stupid that pistol cal. carbines are not allowed, I can kind of see their point for most of the state but the southern part there is no reason why a rifle of any sort could not be used.

You look into Contender style "pistols"? My 35 Rem Contender is a rifle round, in a handgun. Legal in shotgun, pistol only areas here in NY.
There are other single shot "handguns" that can be chambered for even larger calibers than the 35Rem.

You didn't post a picture of a gun, Hockey. Can't follow your own rules? You're such a rebel.

Christmas list .... (yeah, right)

[img300]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/Fiftydriver/ImportedPhotos00005-7.jpg[/img300]

I shot one of those, I think it was in Call of duty black Ops...

I've been shooting Graff powder out of my .58 Mountain Rifle. Does need a wipe after 2-3 shots, but ffg can be "messy". Can put three patched round balls in a 2" circle at 100 yards off hand with buckhorn sights.... who needs in-lines??? Mine only gets use if its really raining, and I get an itch to go out. One week from Saturday, and it will be time to take a walk in the woods with it. Took a 5-pt yesterday with the bow. Rut seems to be on... sporadic, but on.

You look into Contender style "pistols"? My 35 Rem Contender is a rifle round, in a handgun. Legal in shotgun, pistol only areas here in NY.
There are other single shot "handguns" that can be chambered for even larger calibers than the 35Rem.

I have so far resisted the call of the Contenders and such. Once I start on them then it will end up costing me a ton of $$ for barrels. I have a .44 Super Redhawk, .45 LC Beretta and .357 to satisfy my hunting needs with a pistol.

Ohio rules for a handgun are cal. over .357, 5" or longer barrel, straight walled cartridge, so the Contenders would be legal in certain chamberings, your .35 Rem would not be one though due to it being a bottleneck cartridge.

My favorite bunny gun below. Stevens mod 311 nothing fancy but I really like the way it shoots and handles. Pay no attention to the ugly mug holding said gun and bunny.
bunny_zps9fa32070.jpg

I have so far resisted the call of the Contenders and such. Once I start on them then it will end up costing me a ton of $$ for barrels. I have a .44 Super Redhawk, .45 LC Beretta and .357 to satisfy my hunting needs with a pistol.

Ohio rules for a handgun are cal. over .357, 5" or longer barrel, straight walled cartridge, so the Contenders would be legal in certain chamberings, your .35 Rem would not be one though due to it being a bottleneck cartridge.

My favorite bunny gun below. Stevens mod 311 nothing fancy but I really like the way it shoots and handles. Pay no attention to the ugly mug holding said gun and bunny.
bunny_zps9fa32070.jpg

Odd rules. I have seen straight walled cartridges that I would not want to try shooting from a handgun at all!

444-06.jpg

444 Marlin, beside a 30-06. While a straight walled cartridge, I do not wish to try it in a hand gun. :no:

---------- Post added November 4th, 2013 at 06:49 PM ----------

The first part of this video shows another, what looks to be a straight walled cartridge, that you might wish to avoid shooting in a short gun.

Russian With Full Auto Glock, and other "Toys"... - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom