I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just "pulled the trigger" (yes, bad pun) on a TC Encore Pro Hunter - the 12 ga Turkey model, and added a .44 Mag Rem Carbine (discontinued), and a .25-06 for deer..... Decisions are now focusing on if I want a .204 Ruger for "play" (NY legal centerfire for varmits if < .22 during deer season), and a "big" rifle for other game (.35 Whelen or 30-06, or.....), and if to have a 30/30 made for it. May look into some pistol barrels if the mood strike me... Lord help me.....

And theres me who just pulled the trigger on a LionFish hunting trip in the Bahamas end of Feb. What was I thinking?!!! hahahaha

Just "pulled the trigger" (yes, bad pun) on a TC Encore Pro Hunter - the 12 ga Turkey model, and added a .44 Mag Rem Carbine (discontinued), and a .25-06 for deer..... Decisions are now focusing on if I want a .204 Ruger for "play" (NY legal centerfire for varmits if < .22 during deer season), and a "big" rifle for other game (.35 Whelen or 30-06, or.....), and if to have a 30/30 made for it. May look into some pistol barrels if the mood strike me... Lord help me.....

I shoot the TC Contender in 35 Rem, as one of my deer guns. It is especially good for carry on a motor vehicle like my old Honda ATV (only loaded pistols are legal in NY on any vehicle), and when tracking through brush. The 35 Remington is not a particularly hot round, only roughly comparable to the 30-30, but in a hand gun it has a significant recoil.

TC makes some sweet firearms.

That 35 Rem may not be a very hot round, but the time a buck came in close on my right side, and I switched to shoot left hand, and laid that weapon on the palm of my right hand to make the odd angle shot, it had quite enough recoil that my face bled almost as badly as the buck did! :shocked:

You all need to be careful, I heard on the radio that guns kill people...

All on their own.

That guy who used a cross bow kill his family down here, I bet the guns made him do it..

Funny I have had a loaded gun at my bedside for the last 25+ years and it has never moved or taken anyone out yet. Even when I left it (and many of its friends) with open containers of alcohol in close proximity it has never went on a killing spree.

Now call me kooky but maybe, just maybe I'm thinkin it might be the idiot behind the trigger that causes issues? Radical theory I know......

Nope, it is the evil guns fault. You had best lock your in a gun safe, unloaded with trigger locks so they don't escape and shot you.

517 posts so far. Did someone say Americans have some kind of fascination with guns? No, it wasn't me (if I still lived near downtown Yonkers NY where I grew up I'd probably have one too). I guess it is an interesting topic if you're a hunter. If not......?

Haven't hunted for about 13 years. I still like guns. My interest in guns has turned more towards hand guns. Fun to shoot, nice to own for their value. Some are a good investment.

I like guns.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom