i just filled up my doubles while pmv is broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey man is this you too

Screenshot (885).png

Just thought I would share that the Bauer saturation weight, that's from unused to used, is fourteen grams

that's for Bauer P21 filter and the molecular sieve looks and feels as dry as when it went in and nothing wet

ive done 12hrs and my sieve has no sign of being wet. some have done 18hrs. with half wet.

Hey man do you understand that the filter media, molecular sieve, the little clay balls
MUST COME OUT COMPLETELY DRY
otherwise the filter is no longer working

Now people say that this moisture going through your half wet filter into tanks will rust or corrode them

I believe the rust-corrosion in tanks is mainly due to those who don't dry your tanks properly after hydro

Hydros which in Australia we suffer YEARLY means owning a tank fleet without compressor is prohibitive

And here's the oft linked word, not The word but the Other word

Hey man do you understand that the filter media, molecular sieve, the little clay balls

Now people say that this moisture going through your half wet filter into tanks will rust or corrode them

I believe the rust-corrosion in tanks is mainly due to those who don't dry your tanks properly after hydro

Hydros which in Australia we suffer YEARLY means owning a tank fleet without compressor is prohibitive
Funny. I believe that rust corrosion in cylinders due to poor filling practice, such as filling in a water tub, or not drying the valve face or fill whip face.

I’ve seen how a single drop of water between the whip and valve face will atomize and fully coat the inside of a cylinder.

ok you misunderstood me...
bauer said... 10hrs..

im using a repack... ive gone thru 12hrs... and is still dry.. no sign of moisture.. now that depends on the atmosphere im sucking on... and what time of the day... i can suck on humid air maybe the repacked filter will be done for in 8hrs... I chose the type of day to use my compressor... with a small compressor like a jr2 . i can feel when its a good day.. air fills seems faster. compared to a humid day .

now i said... i have heard of dive shops pushing it to half wet filters. I didnt say i was doing it.

I think the point being made was that even at the very first signs of moisture, the filter has been in too long. Liquid water should never make it's way into your filtration system, it's only designed to remove water vapour.

Looking at the sieve and saying "it's not wet so it's still good" is not an accurate/safe determination of filter condition.

If you've ever seen a filter fire you'll know what I mean. Liquid water + molecular sieve = bad times.

You're about right though, 10-12hrs is good a P21 filter assuming your ambient temp is around 25°C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom