I hope to be back in the water soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Vlahos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had the good fortune of diving with several of you at the Lake Rawlings a couple of times in the last month or so and wanted to let you know some news.

Earlier this week I was unfortunate enough to suffer acute appendicitis, which required hospitalization and emergency surgery to remove the offending organ. Fortunately for me the surgery went very well and I am recovering nicely. The hard part was it happende while I was away from my home in Virginia visiting California. I was planning on being here for many months and was in the process of getting an apartment. My wife was able to fly out to be with me, and is here for my recovery but the cool thousand dollars for the last minute ticket is a nice kiss on the lips from the airlines.

So, it will be some time before I am back in Virginia. but I am still looking forward to it, and to diving with many of you agian.

Mark Vlahos

oh, gosh, mark, i'm sorry to hear about all this. really glad you're ok. did you set up your next job? i'm guessing that's why you were in cali. btw, i have your bungee - didn't mean to steal it! i rigged up another system - pink - so you can have yours back & if you pm me your address i'll send it in a get well card!!

Hey Mark, sorry to hear about all this. Here's to a speedy recovery! Look forward to you making it back to this way. Take care and get some rest.

Jason

BabyDuck:
oh, gosh, mark, i'm sorry to hear about all this. really glad you're ok. did you set up your next job? i'm guessing that's why you were in cali. btw, i have your bungee - didn't mean to steal it! i rigged up another system - pink - so you can have yours back & if you pm me your address i'll send it in a get well card!!

Keep the necklace, when I got home I found some more material and made another so I still have three total, I like spares in the dive bag.

I am in California looking for work but this is not traveling. I will work as a local stagehand until I get another job on a tour.

Mark Vlahos

Mark, I'm sorry to hear about the emergency surgery but I'm glad you're feeling better. Let us know when you'll be back on the east coast so we can plan a welcome back dive! :D

Where are you in California? A friend of mine is an instructor and scuba sales rep in So. Cal. When you're ready to dive and need a dive buddy let me know and I can give you his info.

Mel

Mark hope you are 100% very soon.... Linda

Man Mark, what a bummer. I am so sorry to hear about your appendix. Those can be pesky little buggers. I hope you get back on your feet real quick, and we can't wait to have you diving with us again too.

Good luck on finding a good job up there. I know how much you were hoping for something good. I hope this hasn't set you back any on your plans. I am so glad that your wife was able to go out and help you out though. It can be very lonely to be sick without your loved ones.

Get back in the water soon.

Paula

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear that you're okay. We'll have to get you back in the water on this side of the country as soon as you're able.

All the best,
Grier

Sorry to hear about your appendixz exploding Mark. Get well soon and we'll all go diving again soon :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom