I have a dreadful addiction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001 - you should try Lebanese ones - first slightly dried then marinated in the salted water with herbs and garlic - it's simple poetry. My aunt (Lebanese) was always buying fresh ones and doing them by herself. Couldn't get away from the jar before it was empty
:D
As the tomato juice - lately in Poland one of the producers started producing multivegatable juice - the base is tomato but with addition of other veggies. A great stuff - three different tastes - neutral, mediterranean and hot (with Tabasco). The last one goes well with vodka, but the neutral one is great - I sometimes drink it instead of having lunch (more healthy less kilos on my hips....)
Mania

Diver0001:
A wine glass full to tomato juice and a small metal bowl of olives, about 50-60 grams at a time. It's the perfect, sit-down-and-write-on-scubaboard snack... :D

Well as long as you're eating them while on Scubaboard, then it's not the WORST addiction that you have... It doesn't sound bad at all- two intense, distinct flavors fighting it out on the palette. It's like a culinary roller coaster ride.

You could party it up a little by adding some tobasco and vodka to the tomato juice and a little gin to the olives...

Diver0001:
There at lots of different kinds of olives but these Turkish ones from the Marmara province are far and away the best. They're dried until they begin to shrivel up and then marinated in salt water. The taste is salty but mixed with an intense olive flavour. MMMMMMMM !!
The Lovely Young Kat & I used to buy those at the market in Charlerois. I concur... they are special and delicious. So far I haven't found a source in the States.
Rick

do it easy:
Well as long as you're eating them while on Scubaboard, then it's not the WORST addiction that you have... It doesn't sound bad at all- two intense, distinct flavors fighting it out on the palette. It's like a culinary roller coaster ride.

You could party it up a little by adding some tobasco and vodka to the tomato juice and a little gin to the olives...

Nah. I get drunk too easy and you REALLY don't want me to write on scubaboard while under the influence. I get all poetic and stuff.... It isn't pretty. :D

R..

mania:
Diver0001 - you should try Lebanese ones - first slightly dried then marinated in the salted water with herbs and garlic - it's simple poetry. My aunt (Lebanese) was always buying fresh ones and doing them by herself. Couldn't get away from the jar before it was empty
:D
As the tomato juice - lately in Poland one of the producers started producing multivegatable juice - the base is tomato but with addition of other veggies. A great stuff - three different tastes - neutral, mediterranean and hot (with Tabasco). The last one goes well with vodka, but the neutral one is great - I sometimes drink it instead of having lunch (more healthy less kilos on my hips....)
Mania

Thanks for the tip. Are they like the Greek ones? I know I can find Greek ones around here but I don't recall ever seeing Lebanese ones.

I've tried the multi-veggie juice too. It's not bad but I think I like it better straight-up.

R..

They are similar to Greek ones but they use a bit different herbs in Lebanon. Try any arabic food store - surely you have them - that's the only place you would probably able to buy them.
Mania

Diver0001:
.... It isn't pretty. :D
R..

Hmmm.... I would have to agree. Actually, it's the sound that is the worse.... :D

Diver0001:
Nah. I get drunk too easy and you REALLY don't want me to write on scubaboard while under the influence. :D
R..

Yes, please do. Drink and write, it will be entertaining. :D

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
Yes, please do. Drink and write, it will be entertaining. :D

You first, Bill. :05: Besides I know you too well to go for it. You'll start teasing me and I'll end up getting poetic, nostalgic and home sick. :)

Hey, speaking of drinking.... What are your vacation plans for next summer?

R..

Diver0001:
You first, Bill. :05: Besides I know you too well to go for it. You'll start teasing me and I'll end up getting poetic, nostalgic and home sick. :)

Hey, speaking of drinking.... What are your vacation plans for next summer?

R..

Summer is too far into the future to think about just yet. Have you got anything in mind?

Bill.

Come on....he's a bum....I'm sure you deserve a better dive buddy than that...get over it and have a glass of red and celebrate what's to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom