I had an Oprah moment.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Lynn and I were laying in bed watching TV last night and I got an uncontrollable urge for some munchies........chips and salsa to be exact. So, being supportive of the urge and not the diet...Lynn says go get some.

So I jump up and put some clothes on and head to the Food Lion about 3 miles away.

I get my Scoop chips and mild salsa and another bottle of red wine and head to the counter.

There was this "older" lady heading to the same check out counter as I, and being polite I didn't run her down to get there first even though she had many more items than I had.

Well, she saw my three measly items and said....." sir, why dont you go ahead of me?"

How nice!!! I thanked her profusely and went on ahead. My lousy three items came to $14.95 so I handed a twenty dollar bill to the clerk. She started to give me my $5.05 change and I just said....

'No thank you, take my change and put it toward this lady's bill please"

Then I looked at the lady and said....." Thank you so much again for letting me go ahead of you, have a nice night darlin" (( we say darlin and honey and stuff like that a lot down here in the South))

She had the biggest surprise look on her face and smile to match and the people behind her had no clue.....

It was cool.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh - big group hug!!!!!

doesnt take alot but if everyone did something nice each day the world will change

cheers

that's cool...

very classy!

Good for you! It's so refreshing to hear this. Doesn't it just make you feel good all over to do something nice for someone?

You sap!!!!

Just kiddin :D Thats was a very nice thing to do. Did you ever see the movie "pay it forward"? I think thats what it was called...

*show spoiler*
didnt the kid that started it all died in the end :(

well next step is giving away cars i think..... i'll be right over

almitywife:
*show spoiler*
didnt the kid that started it all died in the end :(
From memory yeah. But it was a great movie. I wish more people would try to do good turns

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom