I got the Flu Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys got the worse flu ever anyone know any special ways to get over it fast? finaly stoped throwing up to get onto the forums

try to crawl into bed and enjoy it.---now you have a good excuse. Hang out on Sb all day without guilt. Feel better! Try and get people to bring you soup in bed.

I don't know about getting rid of it once you get it, but for preventing it....people look at me like, "yeah, right", but I've been drinking about 12 ounces of carrot juice pretty much every day for 9 months now and I haven't had a cold or flu for over 14 months. In the same time period I normally will get 2-3 colds, sore throats etc etc. Plus I've flown on commercial planes 3 times in the last 4 months with people hacking and coughing. Still nothing. Only side effect so far is slightly orange palms.

can you see better at night?
And I wonder if this would get Ken all bent out of shape like tomato juice. :D

eh thanks ima just try my best to relaxe and surf and post of sb :) and play xbox till im better heehee i want to go diving lol but eh still cold out ne ways

dlndavid:
can you see better at night?
And I wonder if this would get Ken all bent out of shape like tomato juice. :D

Not sure about the night vision. My eyes have lost their "edge" since passing 40 a while back. And Ken shouldn't be bothered about this.......unless they start serving carrot juice on airplanes.

I got my first glasses at 45, turn 47 tomorrow.

I had my astigmatism scraped off with a blade by a guy in Belize. It helped but my vision still isn't near as good as it was 25 years ago.

ChrisCrash:
Hey guys got the worse flu ever anyone know any special ways to get over it fast? finaly stoped throwing up to get onto the forums

Clear fluids in small amounts all day long. Don't try to eat solid food until you can keep the fluids down x24 hours. Next step is the easy to digest foods, banana, rice, toast, crackers, soup. No spicy and fried stuff until you are well.

Tylenol for fever, read the directions. If you are allergic to Tylenol, don't be an idiot and make things worse. Salt water gargle every hour for sore throat. (1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water).

Stay away from everybody and wash you hands often. No smoking.

If you can't keep anything down, go to the doctor. You could get dehydrated very easily. Same is true for the fever, if you can't keep it down, go to the doctor. If you have any questions or aren't feeling better when you think you should be, go to the doctor. The flu is nothing to fool around with. You can become very ill very fast.

Get lots of rest. You'll probably feel puny for a week or two.

ChrisCrash:
I once got a shot to treat (not vaccinate in advance) a case of the flu. It did help, and it is available. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom