I find it amazing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
hmmm...I believe I know u. I have no idea, nor do I care to know, how u guys got from cliques to goat's. I think I would be willing to try the goat though. Hey David, ever been to Jamaica 4 diving? I found a cheap cruise in december so i just booked it what the heck. Can't let my dive stuff dry out from Aruba. P.S. if u haven;t been 2 Aruba don't go...diveing is very average. I would give it a 6 out of 10 but it was better than staying home!!!
Kind of gruesome eh? So Aruba ain't all that great, but just being able to dive is fun. Cabo is so so too, but I thought it was fantastic anyway. Never been to Jamiaca, but when I do go I'm gona dive with my buddy Jam, and have some goat's head soup.
Been wanting to do a cruise one day soon, what's cheap?

Missdirected:
How do u chop up a goats head? Run it over? Hit it with a sledge hammer? I mean how do u get through the skull?http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/Standard%20Smiles/06.gif

:06: :06: :06:

Hmmm, you know that is a very very good question Missdirected.
I know they don't run over the goat lol, that would be cruel as well as inefficient :wink:.

After consultation with numerous learned folk in the ways of goat consumption it appears that the head is cut up with a butcher's saw.
If you go to your local supermarket you'll see that when they cut meat/bone, it's frozen and they use this sort of electric saw. Very sharp, verrry dangerous.

Oh and it's not just the head, it's the large intestine (tripe), parts of the hooves and god knows what else. All in a steaming cup of goodness :devil:

Like the pic in your profile that's a nice motorcycle. Never been brave enough to ride one much less consider owning one.

David if you travel down here, you have to remember that I live all the way on the other side of the island. Eh, but if you're in discovery bay and areas east of it perhaps I could link you.
Montego bay and Negril are just too damn far.. :p!

Good grief u don't know where those hooves have been.:)
Let's see trip is $500 for 5 days all of your food included. Boat goes to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios Jamaica. And u get a quality room. So believe it or not I am slightly claustrophobic. Like i don't care to be "stuck" anywhere. So peeps say you don't feel like that on a cruise...guess I will find out.

Oh David, Aruba is super expensive as well ($7 for a half gallon of OJ)and there is nothing to do during the day once you finish diving. I have been to many many places and this ranks up there for cost,

What a job. What do you do for a living? Reply: Oh, I saw heads open on a daily basis.

I saw that one coming :D

dlndavid:
Never tried goat, but I do like lamb. Is it similar?
Bears eat goats, goats eat oats, but li'l lambs eat ivy :D

a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you? :D

btw: does eat oats.

dlndavid:
btw: does eat oats.
Well, I think it was mares, too- not bears. It was on-the-fly, off-the-cuff, whatever, something had to eat the goats! :)

Jamdiver:
After consultation with numerous learned folk in the ways of goat consumption it appears that the head is cut up with a butcher's saw.
If you go to your local supermarket you'll see that when they cut meat/bone, it's frozen and they use this sort of electric saw. Very sharp, verrry dangerous.

Oh and it's not just the head, it's the large intestine (tripe), parts of the hooves and god knows what else. All in a steaming cup of goodness :devil:

Is that where hoof-n-mouth disease came from??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom