I finally did it! Signed up for a bull riding school (trip report in this thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Riding a bull is something I've wanted to try for a long time. I was doing some bored out of my mind net-surfing one day and came across Sankey Rodeo schools. Low and behold they are holding a 3-day bull riding school in Van Wert, OH--maybe an hour and a half drive from me. I figured I would have to go out west if I ever wanted to try my hand at bull riding so I took this as a sign that I should go for it before I get too old to heal from injuries--37 isn't exactly a spring chicken for this sport :eyebrow:

I get to live out my dream Sept 29-Oct 1, 2006--hubby has promised to visit me weekly in the nursing home :11: Anyone else interested in taking the class? I'd love to have someone there to learn with!
Ber :lilbunny:

OMG that is so feaking cool!!!!! You are definitely my kind of girl. Have fun :D

Ber Rabbit:
Anyone else interested in taking the class? I'd love to have someone there to learn with!
Ber :lilbunny:

Let me think about it..... No.

Please, keep us posted and have fun. Something tells me the bulls don't stand a chance.

can you ride a horse, at least? you are kinda tiny for this stuff, aren't you?

why don't you just ride the one at Gilley's in Houston?

well, you are going to have to get a new handle...have you seen the bull-riders names?

there is a very nice bull rider here on the board...his name is 8bucks or something like that. he is a REAL bullrider for cash. I will check my pmbox and get his name!

I rode bareback broncs for a while many years ago. I always said that I was going to ride a bull before I quit rodeo but after being around it some, I changed my mind. I quit with a perfect record. I never went off before the buzzer and I never won so much as a single nickle. So, no, I don't want to join you. LOL

I attended a rodeo school in Jacksonville Il that was run by Ray Cox who was a stock contractor in those days. The bronc school was a blast. You paid your money which wasn't any more than a small rodeo entry fee and could ride as many times as you could stand.

Since we ametures more or less knew that we weren't going to take home any money we used to also take what I think they used to call mount-outs. When a small rodeo, like what you might see at some county fairs didn't have enough competing riders to put on a long enough show, they would let us ride without paying the entry fee. Of course the ride wasn't scored and you were not eligable for prize money.

Well gosh Ber, I guess you only live once. Let us know how you liked it.

Your frekin crazy. :D

If you heal come diving with us soon.

Love ya.

Chad

My uncles used to be bull riders here in Canada before all the injuries forced them to quit. Good luck! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom