I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You pictures all look like this to me:
N6QnRt9uHL3kKhRd5gKbF_VaroMpZHFk_0Fofra_Ed5B2L1hxW5lHUujoWiM9DW8KgYMNfR4eJ6r0iAtQrepABm7xXGACNFJldldqcvRoHZkoQfZzHKjoVnMpRV6Ja07kW6OF-MrPtxXKPubL6LPw22ZjOb1_NqXOPITPhX5OAwU2thmCeBmI69USi885IyguPB9SIbLSAN0j-vRMKjpBt0ambS72o4E_wqNGbLj8CotBbkMDS1tYTVZH3zwiadXeXxnB_9TCej0FS7uvU0L0VfEkeCFQpngA3anBK35852WHo9peZvyq3NQ9iSJ5ckBAVEswU_Ct_w1FISj_N3bmKG6-GP0OvIRjC6l7YRXL7pRn5-SG27JfmNcdLiadkRT_M6OYKy7b8exRWg4lCdS-bXppVtVAprpHZmDNe6uTfGgJ7kfbvIzY1wTLivYTfMAnW0zOTaLfEf3mYqZah9_FYsiHpdz6fDAImQiUj9R2ZyGhaMQstFJvjGIdEq_XG71V4AcraMsKiMNundUd8BiSKJ92XYCS4xm9Iiih7o3PNFFTQXEMOiYQ3Tpb0pog5JAAL-NZx4LFI9gNF96Fze4xShtLAcMMoaTy_-6IWdl=w2285-h1713-no

Weird. I see the copied picture just fine. I live on the end of the digital dirt road. I know this has cleared up after a day or two as the pics finish loading from here.

Two more pics for today. Back in January or February, I showed my AgShed Work Bench. I liked it, but it was not set up to be organized and quickly became a morass of tools spread all over the place. It took longer to find the tool than to do the job. So I added a short shelf, a screwdriver/pliers holder and a few hooks here and there. I also needed to add a chainsaw corner, where I can make and sharpen chains. I put the chain break/riveter on the bench and the sharpener a bit behind and higher. It will be easier for me to see what's happening with the sharpening process that way. 10 acres full of trees and bush requires far more chainsaw maintenance than I'm used to. I got the organization all done and just have to wire it all in to run the sharpener and the parts cleaner. I'llHere are the results of today's work:

5jpDCBpaX_3Y9nimH6dvjVEePp6-LwdgkARZgP0NLMh_6yP_iyK0Rq6SMehaHGWEWhSVWQEVqddZEckoG=w1379-h1835-no.jpg

Chainsaw corner

ExnQKXiIGfBQv82j7TdVXfAjOOfFWv3q6Il9ZKylDuvyn5hJbzidkGIkP7AALn8eZkCOTxUEcbBot25Ui=w2447-h1835-no.jpg

-3-6Yok52AeIZljC3f5dw_HUBi1S1q3Xllg9VbU3nqFpPK2ORfVbLXrzg62j-YMbyZKi0FqLijWjAeLsW=w1379-h1835-no.jpg

Side view showing struts.​

What's the dirt-floor-shed-mop-bucket for? You know, there's faster ways to clean a dirt floor.

What's the dirt-floor-shed-mop-bucket for? You know, there's faster ways to clean a dirt floor.
Yeah, and it's in the way there, too. I'm still figuring out where sh1t goes... which if you look closely at the floor, you'll see it's still full of poop. This was a manger at one time.

No one would want to be born in this manger. I guess the American name would be "stall". :D

We were supposed to get a good soaking this morning, but it looks kinda dry out there. We have a beautiful mist shrouding the land though and Ma~ loves it. It conceals her as she stalks the elusive Sherman Fox Squirrels that live on the North side of the property. She's tackled one already, but they are far warier now. She ate her breakfast and headed out and in a crouched stalk by the time her butt disappeared in the mist.

Chainsaw corner update... It's been a rather quiet day as I've been on the PC most of it taking online classes. I had left my Bose headphones in the workshop, so I went out to get them. Dan had bought the same chainsaw as I had and wanted me to make another chain for him. I had to take a break, so I sauntered over to the AgShed and made a chain. Wow. The organization really helped. I got the chain off the shelf and put it on one end of the bench. I stretched out the chain from one end of the bench to the other, marked the beginning hole (finish nail soon), counted off links leaving marks at every twenty and a final mark at 84. I bought some thin (28ga) iron wire, wrapped about three inches around the last link, brought it over to the chain breaker and broke the rivets. I then inserted the repair link, maintaining the proper orientation and using the same wire I tightened it around the two sides making the stick close together. The last time I made a chain the male and the female parts wanted to separate all the time and I didn't like the finished product looked after swedging the rivets. The wire really resolved that issue and the finished product looked GREAT with no binding or excess play! Even better, I was done in less than five minutes. This was great and why I invested the time and money to create the chainsaw corner. Now, I just need to wire the AgShed to be able to run the sharpener.

BTW, the YouTube videos I watched on making chains never suggested a way to keep the two sides of the link together nor did they even suggest it needed to be done. That made all the difference and I didn't drop any parts of the chain during the process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom