I feel sorry for store manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:depressed:

I feel sorry for the manager at Publix. While shopping for tomorrows New Year's dinner I decided to hand out copies of the United States Constitution to those I encountered. After a while the manager approached and asked me to stop. While he thought it was a good thing to do, he was obligated to uphold company policy and ask me to stop. ‎'Company policy' is worried that if they allow me to hand out copies of the Constitution, some weird-o will think they have the right to hand out anything they want. Political Correctness makes me sick. I wonder if Publix would consider giving copies of the Constitution to customers as a public service?
:usa:

It's their store their policy.

Why are you passing out copies of the constitution in a grocery store, go hand it out at city hall and the courthouse where it's needed.

I don't see where political correctness has anything to do with it. They want their customers to be able to shop in peace without being bothered by activists

Why don't you hand them out on public property vs privately owned property such as a store?

I do, from time to time, but my intent was just to be friendly and provide some information to a lot of folks that I suspect have never read it. :hm:

Used to carry a copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In federal court and many others, it is a crime to inform a juror of their constitutional rights. You had to know they were going to stop you at Publix, though.

If you think you had trouble passing those cards out on private property, try doing it in the home of our US Congress.
Bet most of the politicals would have no idea what that durned thing was, and call you a subversive. :popcorn:

If you think you had trouble passing those cards out on private property, try doing it in the home of our US Congress.
Bet most of the politicals would have no idea what that durned thing was, and call you a subversive. :popcorn:

Up the Revolution (originally started in 1776)..:D

Used to carry a copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In federal court and many others, it is a crime to inform a juror of their constitutional rights. You had to know they were going to stop you at Publix, though.

Are you referring to Sparf vs US, 1895?

Are you referring to Sparf vs US, 1895?

Actually, I've been told by two attorneys, that it is against the law to do so. A juror can be arrested for informing other jurors of their right to return a verdict of not guilty if they disagree with the law. That's what I was referring to, not the case that made it 'legal' to do so.

Yeah. That comes up around here in Compassionate Use cases. They chuck out jurors like crazy for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom