I did DiveQuest at Epcot based on recommendations here. Video inside - Critique me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry guys. It's an aquarium. They put crushed shells on the bottom so there isn't silt to kick up.

the crushed rock/shells in the bottom of the aquarium is also part of the "ecosystem" of the aquarium. part of the filter system.

very much like rock in a home aquarium an the bacteria built up in it.

So they had two whale sharks die at the aquarium, I was afraid that would happen.

Dive Quest at EPCOT is for the shear thrill of diving in a salt water tank with friends, family and strangers looking on from the numerous windows
throughout Sea Base Alpha (as it was once called). It is not intended to simulate a cave dive, deep wreck dive or anything remotely hazardous.

You are expected to follow the rules regardless of whether your a hot-shot dive instructor from cave country, Navy seal or a weekend dive warrior.

As a former Dive Quest divemaster I can tell you that it was a lot of fun meeting divers from all over the world that would come to dive at Disney.

Image123.jpg
Picture of me (@2002)

Pretty cool. We were in Disney last year with the whole family and my husband and I didn't even know this existed. Would've been neat for my nieces to see us in the tank. Oh well...guess we'll have to do it next time we go.

Thanks for sharing!

i dove with divequest this summer. It was awesome!!! I did feel as if i was overweighted. I did surface with 500 psi of air left in my tank. It was super nice not to breakdown any equipment. We are planning on another trip to divequest next year when the kids are certified. We didn't know you could invite family (without paying for a disney ticket) but we enjoyed the interaction with strangers.

My son and I did Divequest last week. We were given the backstage tour and shown the fake coral that is in the aquarium, we were told that the public are watching and to dive as if everything were like in the sea. No touching allowed as other people would think it acceptable. It was a well organised dive and we had a lot of fun. Only time we touched the bottom was to let a shark pass on its course over our heads. Dvd proceeds to conservation so worth the $35

that's the first I've heard of that.

yes, they let family members from our group go into Nemo's divequest without a ticket, after the dive we explored the park.

Something I may need to try soon. Thanks for posting your experience

I certainly hope there was more fish than the video showed, it seems pretty bleak by the footage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom