I can't decide!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
I was always told to not dive steel tanks wet. Swimming to the surface with 15-20 pounds of non-ditchable weight would be beastly if my BC ruptured. And then swimming them into shore too...

If you're a fat b@st@rd like me, you still need to add weight. When diving steel, I dive with 11 extra lbs in saltwater (5lbs in fresh). It's ditchable.

Alright, maybe I'm not that fat... it's the 3mm full suit that adds the pos boyancy.

Well,

I'm a big guy. 6'0 240, and no, I'm not built like Mike Tyson. Soooo, I hear ya on the added weights. But a great proportion of my diving will be cold springs (they're free and I'm cheap) so I am thinking about the weight of a set of E7 doubles, steel backplate, etc. in freshwater.. and trying to swim that out on the surface.

I wonder what the SAC rate would be for THAT dive! :wink:

You're in a 3mm suit? Heck, I'm lookin at the Pinnacle Semi-Dry 7/8! I guess I just a more sensitive man...

For a few extra bucks, look into the E7-100. Worth it IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom