I can't decide!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have decided to take the plunge and buy a couple of steel tanks, but don't know which to get...PST E7 80's or Worthington LP85's. Any help with why I should get one or the other would be greatly appreciated.

what are you using them for?

i needed smallish tanks for cave doubles (my back, don't ask), so i ended up
getting worthington 85's. lots of bang for the buck for that size.

The HP80 is great for a shorter diver - you won't get wunked in the head or the other end. That said, I just surplused my wife's Fabber HP80 while I added a pair each of Faber and Worthington LP85's to the gear locker. She loves her HP100's and the LP85's are a nice break from LP125's. I'm not a fan at all of any of the HP tanks, new or old, but this is my own personal opinion.

Doc Intrepid:
don't know squat about Worthingtons.

they've been making steel cylinders for ever, but just got into the scuba market.

according to their website, "Worthington Cylinders is the world's leading global supplier of pressure cylinders and offers the most complete line of pressure cylinder vessels to more than 70 countries."

http://www.worthingtonindustries.com/

Sorry, should have given more info. These will be used primarily for beach diving in SoCal waters. My main goal is to lose some weight from my BC. I will use them mostly for no-decompression recreational diving.

WHOA! You're gonna drop $600-700 just to take some weight off the BC? I need a new job! LOL

I was always told to not dive steel tanks wet. Swimming to the surface with 15-20 pounds of non-ditchable weight would be beastly if my BC ruptured. And then swimming them into shore too...

You're a better man than me.

PerroneFord:
WHOA! You're gonna drop $600-700 just to take some weight off the BC? I need a new job! LOL

Just doing my part to stimulate the economy. The best part of being over 40 is having some cash to blow here and there.

I was always told to not dive steel tanks wet. Swimming to the surface with 15-20 pounds of non-ditchable weight would be beastly if my BC ruptured. And then swimming them into shore too...

I've never heard this before. It's an interesting thought, though, and I can see your point. At least half of the divers I know dive wet with steel tanks.

Diving wet with steel singles is generally no problem... If I were you I'd check out the E7-100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom