I breathe too much

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting some statistics. I’m around the 125 dive mark and am averaging a SAC of about 22. I’m also hoping to get it down quite a bit more. For now, I just bring a bigger tank. My teen divers breathe a lot less than me and I want to stay in the water with them.

Is the graph hand made or from a computer download? Thanks!
Hi @diverdown204

I'm assuming your SAC is 22 psi/min, what cylinder are you diving with? With that information, you would be able to calculate your RMV in cu ft/min.

Is the graph hand made or from a computer download? Thanks!
It is from Subsurface ( https://subsurface-divelog.org/ ), a very nice (and free) dive log program. You basically have to download your dives from your dive computer and key in some more details (tank size, start and end gas pressures assuming your computer is not air integrated) and then you can do this kind of statistic analysis (plus much more).

Right now it seems that their website certificate is expired, so maybe you will get a security warning trying to get there, but I'm sure Dirk will solve this issue within hours (I already notified him).

...I’m around the 125 dive mark and am averaging a SAC of about 22...

Mainly aluminum 80cf. I just bought a Faber Steel 117cf.
Hi @diverdown204

With a SAC of 22 psi/min and an AL80, your RMV is about 0.57 cu ft/min. That is about the average based on the 787 SB divers who have responded to this poll

Best of luck with your ongoing diving. Nothing beats being able to dive with your family :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom