I bought a boat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

true true i just bought a new water impeller rebiuld kit and top of the line gear oil. still waiting for my fuel pump to come in..

rebelmandziukan:
a lot of the cost of any maint and repair can be cut in half or better if you have the knowledge and skill to do it yourself which i just happen to have! this is not my first boat so i am aware of the costs involved. and when you calculate the whole thing up i think you will agree that owning your own is the way to go if you disagree then you aint a commin out on a me boat lol

In addition to the "knowledge and skill", engine and boat parts at wholesale is a HUGE money saver. I would imagine your area has more than one wholesaler that would let you buy direct (especially if you go to the trouble to get a tax number and/or business license).

I found a wholesaler in Panama City that makes daily deliveries to my area (no charge). If I place an order before 9 am, my parts are delivered to my door by 2 pm the same day. I found out that many parts are marked up 50 to 75 percent.

sounds good where can a person get some parts

alright i got the new deck fiberglassed in and i had to buy a new lower shift cable the new fuel pump is installed and things are looking great! cant wait to do venice bone yard .....

i think im gonna do another layer of fiberglass today cause im not happy with the strength that was achieved with a 6oz mat im gonna go buy some woven roving and another gallon of resin. its funny my wife and best friend could not handle the fumes yesterday but i could ,it dident bother me but my buddy needed a respirater. oh well....

rebelmandziukan:
i think im gonna do another layer of fiberglass today cause im not happy with the strength that was achieved with a 6oz mat im gonna go buy some woven roving and another gallon of resin. its funny my wife and best friend could not handle the fumes yesterday but i could ,it dident bother me but my buddy needed a respirater. oh well....

Great to hear things are coming along - sounds like you are nearly there.

Be careful making evaluations with potentially impaired judgement . I once worked for 72 hours straight and insisted that I was crystal clear those last few hours. I got about 11 hours of sleep and things looked entirely different!

:wierdo:
Volatile hydrocarbons can certainly make the hours fly by. I'd listen to your buddy on this one...

rebelmandziukan:
Well guy and gals after a 12 hour driving marathon, much hair pulling ,tons of stress and 1 flat tire i finally got my 20 foot 1990 cheetah lsc home.i still have some work to do to it before i put it in the water though. I will be bringing it to some events and hopefully some of my new buddies can go boating with me and diving. I was so excited about this that i had to post it. :D :bonk:

Good deal. When's the house warming party??

i had a small boat back in aus cost a bomb to run so i sank it now i dive on it

try napa auto parts you can get just about any mechanical parts there,way cheaper than boat stores or marinas

Skip the mat (filler stuff) and woven roving if you want strength. Use a couple or more layers of 6 or 8-ounce cloth to maximize strength. The mat and roving drink too much resin - an equivalent thickness of cloth layers will be much stronger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom