I am speaking at a GUE event. Do I need to get rid of the shoulder buckle on my tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm assuming you are just kidding with your questions but just in case not...

Ya, I am. And yes 'CB' is the Boss... We actually had a bit of a chuckle over my shoulder buckles. I think as long as I only talk to them but don't actually dive with them, I'll be fine...

As for having something worthy to contribute, that's yet to be seen. But yes, I will be sure to file a report. The thing isn't until August however, so don't feel like you can't get on with your lives in the mean time~

I do like the "H" ideas though... I might just do that anyway as I will gain credibility.

Just remember to pay the "H" tax at the door. I believe beers are acceptable tender.

hell just go in all dacor gear ............and REAL rockets and last but not least AN ORIGINAL healthways horse collar ....and say its gue/dir /utd because all your dive team buddies dive that configuration .....(ps I still have all that )

I still have my Fenzy... It has more lift than my 20' Zodiac...

They like redundancy so maybe go with this...

IMG_0169.JPG

Trade with these they are less silting.

IMG_0168.JPG

Nah- I know it's a popular understanding on the boards that GUE divers are exclusionary but I think people might find real life to be more boring than the world depicted from social media. Quite a lot of GUE divers enjoy diving with friends and acquaintances from outside the "fold."

As for me- I have GUE Cave 2/Tech 2 certs but all of my CCR certs (Meg, JJ, SF2, Cave CCR and CCR trimix) are from non-GUE agencies. So I don't know if I still count as a GUE diver. I do know I love learning and gain knowledge / insight in talking to people who have done it a variety of ways for a number of years. I may yet take a GUE CCR class but I don't think that will be any time soon. I think I could learn a lot from a GUE RB80 class but I don't know that the learning would be worth the cost considering I doubt I'd include that tool in my toolbox. If I could take it for free, I sure would though! :)

@Stoo if you did dive with them, the wailing and teeth gnashing would be epic! :D

Agreed.... Some of my best buddies are GUE... I'm meeting one for lunch momentarily. They all just abandon me once we get back to shore... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom