I am back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add my meaningless thoughts to this.

As a technical diver, reviews like this have scared me off. tl;dr: Force Fins are magical at flutter, with the feeling of zero resistance, but any side-to-side motion actually does result in minimal resistance (and water movement).

I live in frog kick. I back kick in doubles and a stage all the time. So the idea of a fin that reduces the effectiveness of the kicks I use constantly for a kick I actively avoid is a non-starter. I actively avoid flutter not for issues of muscles or propulsion performance, but for visibility: I am trying to avoid pushing water up and down, which is where flutter pushes it (with conventional fins, anyway). Even if much of the water goes backward, that up-and-down still creates issues.

However, if that review and its conclusions are wrong, if Force Fins *can* perform within a decent margin of ScubaPro JetFins, I would be much more interested. Without that confidence, though, they’re not going to be interesting.

Now, should the hard-core tech diver market be interesting to Force Fins? Probably not. We’re a tiny segment of a small market. So I’m not expecting anyone to put any effort into wooing us. But if the material is already there, I wish it would be more available.
I don't know if they are still in production but the longer verision of the Hockey Fins outperformed the Jet in every measureable way. That said, the Hockey was a revised Excellerator that didn't use Whiskers and they are incredible for Frog Kicks as well.

I don't know if they are still in production but the longer verision of the Hockey Fins outperformed the Jet in every measureable way. That said, the Hockey was a revised Excellerator that didn't use Whiskers and they are incredible for Frog Kicks as well.
Dear Meesier, not sure how long ago it was when you asked me to make some design changes with the Force Fin. I truly Designed the Hockey fin for your Hockey Games. Your back ground in the U.S.Navy gave me full attention to your diving needs. I agree it's a total winner. So the Hockey Force Fin will be soon pulled from production. We will always keep a few pairs in stock for you our dear friend. Thinking bigger like one of those Navy subs....going to be testing real soon.
IMG_0721-fw.jpg

One of my first commercial
buddymirror003-fw.jpg
buddymirror001-fw.jpg
buddy-mirror001-fw.jpg
designs. The Buddy Mirror.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom