Suggestion "I agree" to replace "Thanks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
pjones

pjones

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I would like to bring forward the suggestion that we add an "I Agree" button to replace the "Thanks" button. I feel that this would be better suited to help people receive clear and concise information from users while reducing repetitive posts explaining the same ideas or explanations. I found while posting I would utilize the Thanks button for posts that I simply agreed with in order to reduce the number of similar posts that, when boiled down, basically stated "what he said".

I see no need to have an "I Agree" received counter in the users profile as it would serve no purpose. I do see a benefit for a new to the sport user like myself to be able to look at two completely different answers and seeing how many people agree on each answer. If for instance there is one post that has 2 people who agree with the answer provided Versus another post that has 11 people who agree with the stated information than it could help us seek out the most accurate or agreed upon information without spending as much time reading similar posts.

I can also see this making the threads more enjoyable to read as it would reduce the "deja vu" effect while reading through the posts.

I would like to bring forward the suggestion that we add an "I Agree" button to replace the "Thanks" button. I feel that this would be better suited to help people receive clear and concise information from users while reducing repetitive posts explaining the same ideas or explanations. I found while posting I would utilize the Thanks button for posts that I simply agreed with in order to reduce the number of similar posts that, when boiled down, basically stated "what he said".

I see no need to have an "I Agree" received counter in the users profile as it would serve no purpose. I do see a benefit for a new to the sport user like myself to be able to look at two completely different answers and seeing how many people agree on each answer. If for instance there is one post that has 2 people who agree with the answer provided Versus another post that has 11 people who agree with the stated information than it could help us seek out the most accurate or agreed upon information without spending as much time reading similar posts.

I can also see this making the threads more enjoyable to read as it would reduce the "deja vu" effect while reading through the posts.

:clapping: I agree.

Interesting. Thanks for a thoughtful suggestion.

Well, while using the thanks button to agree with a post is common, it's also used to thank a posters insight or thoughtful post (sometimes even if you don't agree with it)

I'm for leaving it as is so it can be used for both

I use the Thanks button many times when someone has said my exact or even close to my thoughts!
See you topside! John

Then you run into the issue of liking the post even though you only agree with the majority of the post but not all. Just thought I would participate in this forum once in my lifetime. :)

I agree to the "I Agree".

All the best, James

+1 on the "I agree". I've been guilty of largely using the thanks button as I agree. However, there were many times where I used the thanks button to express gratitude. I find particularly suitable when I have not been actively participating in a thread. And just butting in to the conversation to write thanks doesn't seem like proper form. So I would like to propose that we keep the "Thanks" button and add an "I agree" button. I don't really care about putting counters related to these buttons. I'm fine either way.

Back
Top Bottom