I-92 and I-93 Look At Northern Caribbean Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey... I can't complain... It snowed here this morning. :laughing:
It'd be nice to change planes in Florida tomorrow, early Monday - or much later.

Also see Forecasters: Floridians should prepare for hurricane

Yeah, your cold system pushed down here into a system that was pumping southern moisture into the Texas Panhandle South Plains kicking off thunderstorms that disturbed sleep last night, knocked out electricity in much of Lubbock for hours (how does one open an electric grage door with no power?!) so my daughter couldn't get out on time to pick me up for a family reunion - but we made it just a little late. We badly needed rain for a cotton crop loaded with small bolls to produce big ones - and I think we got it without any hail...! :D

I did my part, having just watered my yard and was considering a car wash.

Last edited:
Looks like Faye might make hurricane still. It's going to make an impact on all of Florida with surges around the Gulf. More pics below this one....

2jey13n.jpg

Attachments

• Tropical Storm Fay.gif
    Tropical Storm Fay.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Tropical Storm Fay 3.gif
    Tropical Storm Fay 3.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Tropical Storm Fay 4.gif
    Tropical Storm Fay 4.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Tropical Storm Fay 5.gif
    Tropical Storm Fay 5.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 50
Huh, don't go Kite Surfing in a hurricane. From Tropical Storm Fay currently landing on Florida...

[c][/c]

:hmmm: Fay was expected to skirt the Gulf coast of the Florida but now looks like it may cross over to Gold Coast water, regain strength, then come back on that side. Looks like anyone on the peninsula who hasn't been hit yet will be, then maybe the panhandle and who knows where next? It could even hit the Gulf again this week...??

Attachments

• Fay.gif
    Fay.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Fay2.gif
    Fay2.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Fay3.gif
    Fay3.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 45
Hey Don, just for future info, all garage doors with eletric opening/closing mechinisms, have a red handle to release the door just for occasions like yours. Just pull the handle and lift the door up manually. It's spring loaded so it weighs almost nothing, but I figure you figured this out already hopefully.

Hey Don, just for future info, all garage doors with eletric opening/closing mechinisms, have a red handle to release the door just for occasions like yours. Just pull the handle and lift the door up manually. It's spring loaded so it weighs almost nothing, but I figure you figured this out already hopefully.
Haha thanks. I actually asked my dive bud who is a much better homeowner type; he told me to look for a rope at the motor or something like that so I looked again. Nope, but then I noticed the green tag near the door with writing on it: "Emergency Release" :silly: Felt pretty dumb.

TS Faye has really flooded parts of Florida I read. And from Dr Masters...
Tropical Storm Fay is finally on the move. Radar loops out of Melbourne, Florida and satellite loops show that Fay has finally begun to move to the west-northwest, and is making landfall just north of Daytona Beach, Florida. The organization and appearance of Fay on radar and satellite imagery has changed little this morning, but there is time for the storm to intensify slightly before the eye fully moves ashore, since wind shear is a modest 10 knots. Fay is the first storm since Donna of 1960 to make three landfalls in Florida. Fay has hit Key West, Marco Island, and now just north of Daytona Beach. Fay is the first tropical storm I could find in the record that hit the west coast of Florida, crossed the peninsula, then turned around and hit the east coast of Florida. However, Gordon of 1994 did the feat as a tropical depression. (I remember Gordon well, as I was trying to take a camping vacation in Florida that week, and kept on having to drive to the opposite coast of the state to escape Gordon's flooding rains!)

Attachments

• door 003_edited.jpg
    door 003_edited.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 39
  • door 004_edited.jpg
    door 004_edited.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 44
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom