Hyperfilter design / dwell time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigchrisb

Registered
Reaction score
Putting together a new hyperfilter for a little compressor; bauer utilis (about 3 CFM), and wondering if there are any guidelines to what dwell time is appropriate for a hyperfilter?

Most designs I've seen seem colossal, and I suspect that these would be a total over-design for a small compressor like this one.

I have a number of canisters, each with an internal volume of 200ml (approx 1.6 cubic feet at 230 bar / 3400 PSI).

That would give a dwell time of approx 30 seconds per cannister.

Now, are there any guidelines out there as to how long the dwell time should be?

for my 6 cfm compressor the volume of my filters at 3500 psi is about 300 cu ft.. So you cant have too much filtration!.. also dont forget if you want to do it right you need a back pressure regulator set at atleast 1800psi (higher is better), put a good coalescor infromt of the filters otherwise you are going to need ALOT if drying agent before the other chemical filtration.,...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom