Hyperbaric Chambers and Emergency Lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does DAN have a presence in the Philippines? If I as bringing a group of divers to the Philippines I would like to know where the closest functional Hyperbaric facility available. Does the Department of Tourism know about the issues involving the chambers?

I would like a PM from somebody that knows what is going on please.

Thanks,
Jim

does dan have a presence - yes

I would like to know where the closest functional Hyperbaric facility available

for that we would need to know where you are going.

cambers i know of:
- subic (suposed to be vey nice)
- manila
- batangas
- cebu

one time i had to manage an accident myself
dan philippines was first call
for med questions i was contacted out of usa
treadment in cebu at that time it worked
be prepared to buy medical needs before treadment

I think if you need a chanber when diving in the Philippines you will need to epect to be airlifted to Singapore.

Hi Bronson,

Fortunately for us this is simply incorrect information...there are many functional Chambers in the country...as noted above in this thread...

And in this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...dan-seap-hyperbaric-chambers-philippines.html you can find plenty more info on DAN in the Philippines and so on...

Hope that helps to clarify the situation.

Matt.

like most developing countries there are certain things lacking in the country, however functional Recompression Chambers is not one of them. Sure there could be a lot more but there are not.
Actually I would be more concerned with ensuring the dive boats have adequate O2 on board and that the staff is trained to treat DCI.

DCI encompasses two diseases, decompression sickness (DCS) and arterial gas embolism (AGE). DCS is thought to result from bubbles growing in tissue and causing local damage, while AGE results from bubbles entering the lung circulation, traveling through the arteries and causing tissue damage at a distance by blocking blood flow at the small vessel level.
Above was stolen from the DAN website.

Try these guys...

GOVERNMENT: PCSSD
1. AFP Medical Ctr. V. Luna Rd, QC (02) 92017803 Dr. Jojo Bernardo 426-2701 loc.. 6245 2. VISMIN Hospital Camp Lapu--Lapu 0919-5175900 Tonton Ortega Lahug, Cebu City
Phil CoastGuard Search & Rescue Ctr
1. BRP San Juan 001 Pier 13, Manila (02)527-8481 Manila loc. 6290/92
2. BRP Pampanga 002 Pier 13
3. BRP Edsa 003 Iloilo (Operation Ctr)
4. BRP Batangas Cebu

PRIVATE
1 St. Patrick Medical Ctr Batangas City Dr. Mike Perez (043)723-7089 loc. 9111
2 Subsea Svces Inc. 120 Balagtas Villas, (02)523-3895/97, :(02)523-3844 (02)523-3832,
Fax:(02)523-3844
Kristopher Kenaman or Ruben Jeceil Balagtas St. Brgy. San Isidro Pasay City Fax:(02)523-3844 subsea@pldtsl.net Welcome to Subsea Services Incorporated - a commercial diving company providing underwater services to the maritime industry and the other industrial sectors whose activities involve in-water structures.
3 St. Luke's Hospital 279 E. Rodrigues Sr.Ave.QC. 02)723-0301 loc.4186 or (02)723-0101

Drs. Menandro Sison
Martin Samson
Enrique Esguerra
4 Wind & Wave Davao Med School Foundation Dr. Jeffrey Ramos 0920-9286847
El Rio Bajada St.,Davao City

For clarification purposes unfortunately the re-compression chamber in Subic is not, and has not been operational for quit some time now.

Hi Bronson,

Fortunately for us this is simply incorrect information...there are many functional Chambers in the country...as noted above in this thread...

And in this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...dan-seap-hyperbaric-chambers-philippines.html you can find plenty more info on DAN in the Philippines and so on...

Hope that helps to clarify the situation.

Matt.

The info there(link) is outdated, though. My latest DAN insurance contact number for Philippines (considered as "outside Australia") is +61 8 8212 9242. There is no dedicated local contact number now, unlike several years ago.

Although, I believe they will be able to organize accredited local recompression facilities for you if necessary.

Yes the Tourism department is aware of the situation. With the elections coming up and newly appointed people are being appointed to some departments things are at a stand still at the moment.

andibk

To: Matt Reed. Thank you for the clarification. I have a renewed confidence as i do dive in Philippines often these days. Looks like things have come a long way since i last looked into resources available. I do learn alot from all you folks. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom