" Hydrospin Seamless Pressure Vessel for Scuba "

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dead dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has any one bought or used an " Hydrospin Seamless Pressure Vessel for Scuba " ?
I have no information on these tanks. There is one on eBay now Item number: 170702568107. Any feed back would be helpful.

Thank you,

dead dog

They are what we in the Scuba industry like to call "Scrap Metal". Although they appear to have a scuba cylinder neck, the round bottom and complete lack of DOT markings makes them suspect at best, and illegal to fill with compressed air. Sorry, they will not be a cheap scuba cylinder for you.

I would like to hear the story how and where he got them.

I was talking to a friend of mine today in the compressed gas industry, who deals with Luxfer all the time. According to what he heard, Luxfer was informed of these tanks on ebay when someone asked them some questions prior to buying them, and they are not happy to say the least. The liability issue alone since Hydrospin is a subsiderary is enough to get Luxfers hackles raised. It will be intresting to see if these stay on ebay for much longer.:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom