HydroOptix Mega-4.5dd Rx Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that is a bummer - I tried mine out for the first time today - just an hour of snorkeling, but wow - what a nice view. It was really odd when the water was at eye level - everything above water was blurry, everything below was crystal clear. Peripheral vision was great - Better than when I have my glasses on, as the full range is in focus.

The fit is about the same as my last mask, leaks a little bit, but not any more than any other mask I've had. The purge valves make it just as easy to clear a flooded mask too.

I was intentionally breathing out of my nose the entire time, still no fogging at all. I did use my normal baby shampoo defog, but it was still quite impressive.

Can't wait to go diving now - hopefully Thursday :D

Aloha, Tim

I may have to give this mask a try. Right now I use contacts to see and dive. It would be nice to dive without contacts. My vision is -4.50 so I should be able to use the mask.

I got the chance to try one one of these masks and man what a difference. I'm seriously considering one.

Canadian Diver:

Can you give me a link to your review on the Hydro-Optix?

RoatanMan:
The old style always has worked quite well. Careful cleaning was always the key. Toothpaste. Screw the defog. Bingo. Never fogged.

Period.

I normally use the Fog-Gel they provide and it's great .better than the shampoo's way. However, can i use a normal hair gel on the HO? R u satisfied with using toothpaste on the HO, cause i heard that using toothpaste might ruin the lens?

Thanks for your prompt reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom