Hydration, hydration, hydration - bent in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad things had a positive outcome for you. Dr Piccolo is fantastic. I've been to him, but not for anything as serious as your experience. I have also recommended him to other Cozumel divers. If you screwed up and/or he feels you played a part in whatever you're going to see him for - from sinus barotrauma, to getting bent - he will let you know. You leave his office with an education.

In Cozumel I dive with one of the steel tank dive ops. We routinely do long dives, always multi-level profiles and a min of 5 min on the last safety stop, usually longer. Our SI's are also usually about 2hrs long.

You should post a link to this thread in the Cozumel forum. There are plenty of divers who go to Cozumel wanting to jump in as soon as they land, and then get in as many 4-dive days as they can. I think your experiences and the noting of adequate SIs could be a helpful reminder to some.

Still trying to figure out how to download to this site but as I work the numbers here the problem appears to be short surface interval - totally my bad jumping in for dive too soon.

Still trying to figure out how to download to this site but as I work the numbers here the problem appears to be short surface interval - totally my bad jumping in for dive too soon.
Is this typical of a dive day with this dive op, or were the length of the SIs your choice?

I didn't see this until this evening (Sunday).
Is you wife still in Japan?
Do you need help with anything?
Give me a call if you need a hand with anything.

Art

I just spotted tattletale's...er...Desert_Diver's comment on Zen and read the thread here. We all make mistakes at some point due to carelessness, haste, desire or a combination thereof. Sorry to hear that you had to pay the piper!

6 months? ughh. Sharm is waiting:D

This really sucks. Sorry your trip was ruined, but glad you were not severely injured.
Therein lies the rub. I usually stop taking the water pill before I go on dive trips. for reasons I can only describe as a brain fart I didn't think about it this time.
So, you kept taking the diuretic and you think this is why you got bent, along with some SIs of less than an hour each? I'd certainly agree with the diuretic med. Some of the SIs were a bit short, but that would depend on the gas & dive plan.
My thanks to DAN whom I mistakenly called even though I had dive assure. They answered my questions and directed me to the chamber. Seriously, thanks
No mistake there; that's part of what DAN is for. Even if you insure elsewhere, yes - call them for info and consultations. I bet they didn't ask you if you were a member until later in the conversation. If you hadn't needed treatment, I doubt that they would have asked until the end.

I do suggest DAN membership to all even if you insure elsewhere, too. Great organization, cheap membership, great magazine, and some benefits still, like TravelAssist. See DAN Divers Alert Network : Membership : Member Benefits

Good idea, DAN will get a check. I was glad someone was in near midnight when I was trying to figure out what was going on. The short surface intervals were my idea. I dove between the organized dives. As I said this was my bad. Sigh, all I wanted was a place with easy shore diving.... I may have to turn in my "eat, dive, sleep, dive" T shirt. My thanks for all the ino and concerns.

Good idea, DAN will get a check. I was glad someone was in near midnight when I was trying to figure out what was going on.
Do join DAN as a member even tho you insure elsewhere. :wink:
The short surface intervals were my idea. I dove between the organized dives. As I said this was my bad. Sigh, all I wanted was a place with easy shore diving.... I may have to turn in my "eat, dive, sleep, dive" T shirt. My thanks for all the ino and concerns.
Haha, yeah - I used to think I was invincible too. I do hope your recovery is 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom