Hurricane Dennis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like Cuba took some energy out that won't be recovered, so maybe we're looking at a Cat 2 vice 4 - which makes a HUGE difference. Also, for me and BugMan, looks like our places will be on the low-water side of the eye... good for us but sucks for y'all in P'cola and Destin/FWB.
But now I'm worried about my niece who lives on Mud Island in Memphis...
Rick

#86 chick - Ivan was a 4 (borderline 5) with gusts of 200 mph + when it went past those of us in my house in Cayman.

Rick Murchison:
Looks like Cuba took some energy out that won't be recovered, so maybe we're looking at a Cat 2 vice 4 - which makes a HUGE difference. Also, for me and BugMan, looks like our places will be on the low-water side of the eye... good for us but sucks for y'all in P'cola and Destin/FWB.
But now I'm worried about my niece who lives on Mud Island in Memphis...
Rick
Thankfully it lost some of it's punch. (some of the weather channel folks seemed disappointed). Still need keep guard up and stay with the plan.

nipi:
#86 chick - Ivan was a 4 (borderline 5) with gusts of 200 mph + when it went past those of us in my house in Cayman.

I am well aware of that, though I didn't know you were from Cayman. However, you were referencing Rick Murchison's post, who was referring to its strength at landfall on the Gulf Coast.

Granted. Whether 3 or 4 it was nasty enough anyway.

It seems like it has slowed down to me as well. It's taking forever to get past us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom