Hurghada vs. Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually do the other way around, first LOB and then relaxation on land based diving. Reason is the ears and the diarrhea is more likely to get you towards the end of the first week. It takes anyway more than a week to beat the jetlag, so, being a zombie on lob is more bearable as someone wakes you up on random times and tells you to go diving :).
I recommend you to stay in HRG, don't waste your day on a Ferry there is enough good diving already in that region. Ras Mohammed deserves a separate diving trip on its own.

Along the same lines as the OP, except this is for warm up dives, so to speak. My situation is that I'd like to get into the area several days (likely four or five, perhaps more) ahead of a Brothers, Daedalus, Elphinstone liveaboard that leaves from Hurghada. I am ~300 dives, Rescue/Deep/Nox and will be travelling with someone ~50 dives AOW/Nox. Our experience is primarily in Komodo, Lembogan, Maldives. We are the opposite of macro-divers. Our purpose is to relax after ~30 hours of flights/layovers, get some dives in and get back in the dive grove. The CCP virus has put us on ice for two years. Ras Mohammed sounds like it could blow the doors off Hurghada dives. We'd have to take the ~$60 ferry to Hurghada to get on the BDE trek dive boat. Is that worth doing or should we just take the dives we get in Hurghada? Any thoughts appreciated ! Ty...

The only time effective way to go from Sharm to Hurghada right now is by plane (or to hire a boat if you have a large enough group - which is not your case). Sharm would fit nicely the purpose of warming up for the LoB week and tbh I'd try not to miss the Thistelgorm if you don't plan to come back to Egypt anytime soon.

The Egyptair direct flight SSH to HRG is once per week on SUndays and takes just 35 mins plus is dirt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom