Hurghada to thistlegorm overnight trip advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popo's dad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
My buddy and i are diving for a week in Hurghada from 15th October 2011.
Can anyone advise on overnight trips to the thistlegorm please, who runs them, can we book in advance, costs etc, also any other recommended dive sites to visit while we're here at the harmony Makadi bay hotel, we're both experienced divers both in deep and wreck,

Many thanks

Hi..going to be in Hurghada during the same time and actually are looking for the same thing! did you find anything out? Emperor Divers does a trip and other than i've heard they don't do it that often, i'm trying to get more details on it right now. im in hurghada from the 15th-20th

I'd recommend to check out the 2 days/1 night or 3/2 mini safaris from Hurghada to the Abu Nuhas and the Thistlegorm. For example Colona offers such trips.

Thanks Elche, i've just emailed Colona again as they said they don't offer an overnight to the thistlegom,
Ocdiver1, i'll keep you informed if i find anything out, looks like we may be going around the dive centres on the 15th to see how's got any over night trips going

Colona are currently only offering 3 day 2 night safaris leaving on wednesdays and saturdays, as we're here for one week arriving on a saturday and leaving on the friday, neither option would work, looks like it might have to be a long one day trip to it

Sorry they don't do it. There are many dive centers in Hurghada but I can't decide who works or not, and how they do it. I haven't been to shore based trips to Egypt but liveaboards for years.

Which hotel will you be staying in? Depending if you are in north or south part I can recommend a dive operator that I know has a high quality and safety. There are a few that offer day-trips to Thistlegorm - Some of them good some of them not so god.

If you want to have some info let me know and I'll help you. I don't work for any operator that can offer you what you're asking for so don't worry I'm going to try to sell you anything. Just like to help...

Hope you'll have a great trip!

...a...

Hi Samaka, we're staying at the harmony makadi bay if that's any help for you although we're quite happy to go into hurghada

If you're in the south of Hurghada or Makadi I would definitely recommend Dive Point in Coral Beach. They also have pick-up from the hotels. Email them and ask about special trips to Thistlegorm. If not I know they do Salem Express in Safaga which is a brilliant wreck.

...a...

Hi
My buddy and i are diving for a week in Hurghada from 15th October 2011.
Can anyone advise on overnight trips to the thistlegorm please, who runs them, can we book in advance, costs etc, also any other recommended dive sites to visit while we're here at the harmony Makadi bay hotel, we're both experienced divers both in deep and wreck,

Many thanks

Hey Guys am an egyptian AOWD with 30 logged dives please if you found anything tell me ! I want to dive the thistlegorm too ! :D
I think if we form a group we could manage to do a custom trip ! , I'll be in Hurghada from 14th till the 20th too ! please email me on Minakheir3@hotmail.com if u found anything

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom