hunting bugs on shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i was wondering if anyone is willing to tell a newbie diver like myself of a good place to find bugs on a shore dive? i didnt want to post this in the hunting section because i wanted the opinions of local socal divers. if no one replies i understand :wink:

Where did you want to go? SoCal is a big place, so knowing your range would help, else you could live in Ventura and get recommendations for sites in Southern San Diego, or vice-versa.

Note: I'm not really a hunter, so I can't recommend anything, but this might helps others who do know some spots they don't mind sharing...

They are called secret spots for a reason.

hahaa yeah i know they're secret spots thats why i wrote "if no one replies i understand wink" but anyways im located in westminster which is really close to huntington beach. about say an hour hour and a half south west of LA. so im looking for a place say as far down south as San diego cause i can crash at my bro's house to maybe 50 miles north of my house if its a really good spot.

really, the best spots are the ones that you happen to be in the right place at the right time. You can find bugs anywhere. They just happen to be bigger where I go!
Just kidding

Ralphs, Vons, Safeway, Albertsons...

Robert Phillips:
Ralphs, Vons, Safeway, Albertsons...

Bristol Farms, Trader Joes, Gelsons, Whole Foods...

Mo2vation:
Bristol Farms, Trader Joes, Gelsons, Whole Foods...
Red Lobster, Sizzler, Outback, Claim Jumper...

Robert Phillips:
Red Lobster, Sizzler, Outback, Claim Jumper...

Mortons, the Palm, Ruth's Criss, Le Dome....

Sea Lab in Redondo Beach, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, Aquarium of the Pacific.:D
(These bugs move around a little more that those at the spots listed by Robb and Ken.)

Bring a towel to clean off the tank glass in case you drool. :kwijl:

Dive happy, Bruce! Congrats on getting certified. Meet lots of buddies. Keep your eyes peeled, learn about lobsters and their habitats by diving and watching.

If it was easy, anyone could do it.... and where's the fun in that??

Enjoy and be safe.

Claudette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom