Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah!! That is really cool:)). I'm still trying to become friends with the dive co up here... Non of them will talk to me or anything!! It's weird...

Tell us how it goes... Do u have any Idea of how u gonna clean it?!

Another thin to think about Is that I bet something won't go as planed and u will have to stay in longer than thought and fix something else...

This kind of stuff happens with dive services that have been around a long time too, not only with the fly-by-night, cut-rate noobies. The marine maintenance biz in general (not just hull cleaning) has more than its share of flakes because it is a relatively cheap and easy business to get started in. To be honest, that makes it easy for the rest of us to stand out from the crowd. All you have to do is be professional and provide good customer service to put yourself head and shoulders above the competition.

Amen to that...word-of-mouth from satisfied customers is still my best source of new business.

Well I wish you luck on getting the job..I found with hard work , honesty, and a little persistance things will come together..I've started my business just a few months ago and things are really starting to come together...I haven't got a lot of hull cleaning jobs yet but my name is really getting spread amongst the commercial fleet they use me alot.....

Well, I though this was thread about hull cleaning. Seems like I'm the only one here doing any of that... :D
I did once! Twice if it counts when the boat is hauled.

This thread should be called "the divers bicker over hookahs, with a little bit of discussion about work we have done"
Hookah shmookah! I did mine during low tide, with no gas at. I didn't even wear a mask. Of course my draft is only 18" :D

There's nothing like seeing the expression on a boat owners face when you tell him that his "discount-dive service" is only cleaning the waterline...
Well...most growth occurs on the waterline. On the other hand, if you're paying a diver, you expect a thorough job, otherwise you could have just scrubbed the waterline yourself.

You ever run into hull cleaner/breath holder Steve Zarit of Seawolf Marine Services?
No we're talking! I can't hold my breath that long, but maybe if I only work on cats, I can just jump in with a snorkel, thanks to the shallow draft.

When I say Zarit is a "breath holder", I'm not being complimentary. I think it's the height of unprofessionalism to dive boats that way. But that's not why I brought him up. He started out hull cleaning here in the Bay Area (still works here although he is now based in Port Angeles, I think) and he and I have butted heads over some pretty slimy things he did here. Just wondering if Sterling had had any contact with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom