Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why did u have to drill the holes?!?!

Because I wanted to use a bolt-grip puller. I looked. There were none. So I went and got three of them and installed them on the prop.

DC

People are idiots.

True enough. But in this case the Lucky Owner was happier than me. It was a good night at The Rum Line.

DC

What's a bolt gripper

Like this:

boltpuller.jpg

The slotted piece would go over the end of the shaft, the bolts go thru the slots into threaded holes in the prop hub. Then the big threaded rod goes thru the middle onto the end of the shaft, You crank on that part and it pulls the prop down towards it.

Some props have overlapping blades and you can't fit a traditional prop puller on them. These kinds of props are made with the holes in the hub that accept a puller like this (the one pictured is very generic, is made of cast metal and could probably be bent fairly easily. In addition, this is a gear puller for mechanics, not a purpose-built prop puller and would be ruined quickly if used underwater.) As mrfixitchapman stated, the prop he pulled did not have holes for this, he drilled and tapped them himself because he had this type of puller on hand.

I wouldn't say this kind of puller is stronger than any other type and it certainly can't be used on most props.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom