Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with walking the docks and making contacts. As long as you respect the other dive services. Not saying any of us would do this but it I've known competitors to say disparaging things to potential clients about their current divers in the hopes of luring them away. I think as long as you're mindful of the fact that many of the people you are talking to already have divers and are happy with them, nobody's feathers will get ruffled. The Golden Rule applies here.

We also have an agreement between each other that we will keep our prices the same that away we don't undercut each other..

grunzster! a normal second stage works with around 140 to 150 psi because its hose is so short from the tank on your back... a hukah is made to work at a lower psi (ei: if you had a normal 2nd stage it would be very hard to breath)
Is it really a different design, though? Or is it simply extremely detuned, like to the point where you'd pretty much have an unstoppable free flow if it was connected to a first stage?

Here's another dumb newbie question. With the right adapters, could that small compressor also be used to fill tanks? If not, what is really the difference between a compressor that's used for fills vs. one that's used for a hukah?

I'm starting to think, living aboard, going on the hook in the next few months, getting rid of the car in the fall, doubles. Relying on shops for fills is really going to be a PITA. Although once I get South and to the Carib, there will be a lot more places right on the water, it's still going to be much easier to do my own fills.

GRUNZSTER: Well I know u can get any reg and dial it down for hookah, the ones that are made for hookah, idk if their special but any dialed down reg works!

A hookah compressor can't be used for fills for two reasons. One the air is not dry so ur tanks will be over in a few weeks depending on if their steal and stuff! 2 the compressor only goes to 100psi in some cases while obviously a rank compressor goes to 3000 plus.

A tank compressor can easily be 3000 dollars or more and alot more!!! Plus drawing tons of energy!!!

As for living aboard... I dig that! I would love to sell the house and car and move on a boar:)

You know, right after I posted that it hit me that it probably wouldn't have enough pressure.

This is my first year doing it. First and last winter, up here anyway. The car is the only thing I have left that can't go on the boat.

This is her.
I have the previous model. Looks very similar, though, but I don't have the cockpit enclosure.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in this thread, but since we are talking about people just getting into the biz, it's an important safety item that all hull cleaners should know- unplug every boat you dive on. A boat plugged into the shore power system is a potential killer. I know it's not always possible to unplug each and every boat, but if you can, you should. This goes double for anybody working in freshwater. FYI.

Back
Top Bottom