Hudson River Based

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kland84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all. I have been diving over the past 15 years or so, usually with the same person. Unfortunately my friend was deployed quite some time ago and now has no interest in diving. I have done both cold dives, and warm water dives in the Caribbean. I have been doing solo dives as of late in local spots and my go to shore dives in Long Island, but my better half doesn't like that. I am local to the Kingston, NY area, but I travel quite a bit. I have a boat as well that I keep in the Hudson River up by Kingston.

Hoping to meet some local people and maybe hook up for a dive. I'm diving next week in Lake George, NY. Can't wait!

I was looking at Lake George as well as hoping to get up to Lake Ontario. Are you shore diving or boat?

I'm typically shore diving since I don't have a boat. I live about 20 min south of lake George and don't work thur or fri next week

what days are you diving lake george im local or semi local to lake george.

I just got back from a 4 day family trip from there. I just did some shore diving from the hotel beach. Boring, but at least got in the water. I am maybe 1.5 hours from there so could dive anytime. I know I'm back up there a weekend in September and a weekend in October.

I was looking at Lake George as well as hoping to get up to Lake Ontario. Are you shore diving or boat?

I do have a boat I can trailer up. It's the dinghy I use on my sailboat, but I have taken it out on LG before. I'm looking at a dedicated dive/fishing boat for next season though.

What kind of diving do you do?

I mostly do recreation diving for fun. I just use air, have never really messed with EAN. Deepest I have been is ~120. I have done a few wrecks in freshwater and salt, never done penetration into a wreck. I also do some air/freedive spear fishing off the coasts or off my sailboat, however my freedive times really suck!

I'm typically shore diving since I don't have a boat. I live about 20 min south of lake George and don't work thur or fri next week

I'll message you with my contact info. I'm up there quite a bit. I can do boat or shore. I've actually never done the "famous" shore dives from the campgrounds.

I won't dive the Hudson nor LG due to being a cold ass wimp, but I do like to eat at The New World Cafe :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom