HS Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Likewise, mine flooded on a relatively benign 110 FSW dive. It was a yellow one,
known to have problems. I only found out about that after talking with Gene.
E-mail didn't work, it took a phone call (from HI to FL, a minor amount of time
engineering) to get that far. Old unit sent back ~2 weeks ago. New unit promised,
not yet received.

Oh, and mine's an O2-cell model, since I dive a rebreather (not that that matters)

Am I happy? No, not yet. PO'd? No, not yet. But the jury is still out.

Hmmm, Ive heard some older horror stories - but assumed that was all cleared up now..

I am thinking of getting one and getting rid of my VR3. One thing I was wondering about is the switches. They look a bit flimsy and I wonder how they would stand up to me digging around up to my elbow in silt looking for goodies.

DrMike:
Hmmm, Ive heard some older horror stories - but assumed that was all cleared up now..

I am thinking of getting one and getting rid of my VR3. One thing I was wondering about is the switches. They look a bit flimsy and I wonder how they would stand up to me digging around up to my elbow in silt looking for goodies.

Mike,

I have a HS that I've been diving with for a while now, and it has given me no problems. I can't promise anything with the buttons and silt, but I would think that they would hold up if you are not literally plunging you hands into the muck AND pushing the buttons at the same time! :)

BJD

Just a quick update -- my replacement HS Explorer came in the mail yesterday; I took it
diving yesterday afternoon and this morning, and so far so good.

gkndivebum:
Just a quick update -- my replacement HS Explorer came in the mail yesterday; I took it
diving yesterday afternoon and this morning, and so far so good.

Keep me posted, I just got mine and the calibration was way off, reading 186ft when my BT reads 203. Also missed the 70ft gas switch since you have to respond within 6ft (I think) of the target depth. Computer bent but I'm good.
They claim 1 day turnaround on this repair so I'll let you know.

cheers,
Dave...

wedivebc:
Also missed the 70ft gas switch since you have to respond within 6ft (I think) of the target depth

OOOPS, forgot what forum I was on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom