HP QD Connectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
Whats everyone using for Quick Disconnects on the High Pressure side? I have some whips that I attach to my booster and I'm getting tired of having to use a wrench every time. I've seen some mention using hydraulic QD's others suggested Pressure Washer connectors. What are you using? This will be for 100% O2 at 3000+psi. My fittings are 1/4".

Thanks

Whats everyone using for Quick Disconnects on the High Pressure side? I have some whips that I attach to my booster and I'm getting tired of having to use a wrench every time. I've seen some mention using hydraulic QD's others suggested Pressure Washer connectors. What are you using? This will be for 100% O2 at 3000+psi. My fittings are 1/4".

Thanks
I have a invacare homefill system. 2k psi and high O2 - not fully 100% but good enough for my local nitrox use. I have a hose I use as a fill whip and also as a transfill - using the pressure washer quick connects found at lowes to swap ends from homefill fill connecter, to standard O2 tank connector, to standard scuba yoke. Haven't had a problem so far. I'm at most dealing with a dozen tanks over the course of a year, so not heavy use.

PCP on everything... ( my O2 stuff stays separate )
SS fittings only, beware of brass.
Peens over at hp and you can't get them apart.
I use SS PCP hose for O2.

Just o2 clean everything.

Attachments

• 20240711_185538.jpg
    20240711_185538.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240711_185403.jpg
    20240711_185403.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 22

Thanks
The oxyhacker standard for decades are these. Other MM, FF, and MF combinations available. 1/4" size in brass are good to 5000+psi and take a 111 Oring. The supplied Buna orings are fine for most applications but you do want to wash the whole thing.

Don't boost o2 over 3K...

Parker Quick Disconnects from McMaster-Carr that @rjack321 posted above. I use them for pretty much everything on my fill panel / boosters. It makes everything modular so you can move whips around. They are cheap and work well. Brass preferred over stainless steel for better oxygen compatibility.

1720756945153.png

1720757349865.png

Yes, they are the same fittings. Well..I'm not sure if they are exactly the same but they are compatible (Parker Hydraulic Straight-Thru coupling)

Thanks
Check out O2 ready fittings here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom