HP Hose and Port Plug O-Ring Durometer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on the manufacturer. Mostly offered in DURO 70 they don't make any problems.
I've seen what seemed to be DURO 85 on few HP hoses and plugs, never DURO 90.

It's p.i.t.a. to install and remove the D90s without risking damage and since they are just static seals I don't see any benefit using them on those applications.

Different thing with o-rings which are used in dynamic applications like the piston shaft o-ring on balanced 1sts......:)

Depends on the manufacturer. Mostly offered in DURO 70 they don't make any problems.
I've seen what seemed to be DURO 85 on few HP hoses and plugs, never DURO 90.

It's p.i.t.a. to install and remove the D90s without risking damage and since they are just static seals I don't see any benefit using them on those applications.

Different thing with o-rings which are used in dynamic applications like the piston shaft o-ring on balanced 1sts......:)

spec for most manufacturers is 90 and is what ships with most parts kits that I've seen. Installation is much easier with the piston installation tools so they don't fray over the threads

+1

The mfrs that use 70 duro have a deep land for the o-ring, and a port plug cap that fills the hole completely.
For those mfrs that specify it (e.g., Poseidon old regs), duro 70 will seal better if the port is scratched, because its softness conforms to the land, and their land is designed with tolerances not to extrude.
The risk in using it with other brands is that it may extrude if there is the slightest gap.
As noted above, 85-90 shore is the standard for this area for most mfrs, and you will likely not go wrong this way with ANY first stage HP port plug or hose.

Last edited:
According to Vance Harlow's Regulator Maintenance and Repair book you can use 70 on Low Pressure applications and 90 on HP applications.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom