HP compressor with cascade or LP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sterlingMarineService

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, We are looking into purchasing a new compressor set up and was wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction! I am open to ideas, but what I am currently thinking is described below.

I would like to purchase an HP compressor and set it up with a cascade system (maybe 3 bottles for a main, and 1 backup?). It will obviously then go to the control board and down to the diver.

I think I want HP because with HP I can still fill SCUBA tanks if I need to. With that said, if it saves me a lot of money I would be interested in just purchasing an LP compressor to run surface supplied only. How much CFM will I want with either option? We will run OTS as well as hats in the future but for now (next six months) we all have OTS set ups.

Brands, set ups, photos, ideas, etc are welcome! Thanks! Im in Seattle but I don't have to buy local. Used is an option.

Also, one of the other owners wants to build everything we need himself (controls, umbilical, etc), but I want to buy some things pre made maybe from amron? If there are any pros and cons or better suppliers out there please let me know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom