How's Lake Travis--Ya'll getting any rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dang and I didnt get to see it first well maybe one of these days I will get my deep water cert and get too see it

It's a miracle! Really, I never thought I'd be excited to see the day she cracked 640'. Good to see she's on the rise! I also heard that LCRA was going to cut back on the releases, and the rice farmers could essentially eat a fat one if they had any problems with it... about time!

So why is it rising so much after the rains last night? Is it because the ground is already saturated?

They opened the flood gates in Marble Falls last night.

Sorry for the "shotgun approach" for this question, but I figured it was the best way to get a thorough update.

With all the rain Texas has been recieving, is there enough run-off to raise the lake's level? I've been watching the levels online, but I always like to get it from the "horse's mouth". (Bare stats are so dry...)

Weather department told me it will be up 11 feet (Lake Travis that is) tonight

Aaron at Aquarena said he measured a 5 cubic foot per second increase in flow rate at Spring Lake today

Let's hope it keeps it up.........Let it RAIN :coffee:

:shocked2:

One thing that was amazing about this rise was that it was clear water. Just not a lot of trash flowing downstream. About as perfect a rise as I have ever seen. We should see a marked increase in the vis on Sunday's dive.

One thing .....that it was clear water. We should see a marked increase in the vis on Sunday's dive.

Are you sure you are talking about Lake Travis? or are you in the gulf or Florida cave system and flashing back on Texas.

:rofl3:

.....and the lake goes up! Wish we could ship some of our surplus water down to ya'. In September and October we've measured over 30 inches.... still can fix the drive as there's a spring in the middle of the 3 ft washout.... water table is WAY up. Glad to see Travis on the mend again. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom