Howdy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sky Shark

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New to the Board...have found myself a new home here, I spend so much time reading and learning stuff from you all I haven't had a chance to post much...I've been diving on and off since '85 and when where ever the Army had me close enough to water...Retired in '93 and now I'm a cop ('cause everything the Army taught me was a felony) been a public safety diver/ water patrol 5 years...and over beers this week with a couple of the lads we've decided to work towards diving one of the U-Boats off NC next summer... :dazzler1:

Well Sky Shark welcome to SB, there isn't a cop diver forum here at SB, but we do have the military diver and the public safety divers forums, you may want to check them out.
Also there is a wreck divers forum which could be very helful for your upcoming u-boat dive.
David

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

Welcome to the SB. I found that the SB has a really good PSD forum. Best of luck with u to the site.

Depending on where you are in Arkansas, there are plenty of PSD from the KC area that practice, train, and party in South Missouri and Northern Arkansas to hook up with.

Hi Sky Shark-welcome to the board! 'Kay, gotta ask- since you're ex-Army & now a cop, where does the "Sky" part come in?

I'd been a paratrooper since I was 18 (Oh so many years ago) and when I was stationed in Bad Tolz, Germany, 10th SFG and a newbie freefaller I "nuked" a formation in freefall...my "end of tour" plaque said Sky Shark...just when you thougjt the skies were safe...it sorta stuck, among certain circles.... :eyebrow:

Sky Shark:
I'd been a paratrooper since I was 18 (Oh so many years ago) and when I was stationed in Bad Tolz, Germany, 10th SFG and a newbie freefaller I "nuked" a formation in freefall...my "end of tour" plaque said Sky Shark...just when you thougjt the skies were safe...it sorta stuck, among certain circles.... :eyebrow:
We’ve got a jumper here at Skydive Deland you need to meet. He’s got a shark suit complete with a shark head helmet he jumps in. It sounds like you’d fit right in – and he’s a scuba diver too. :crafty:

Yep, the WWI wrecks off of NC are great diving. U-352 gets a little boring after the first time, as the other wrecks have more to see, but then - it is a must do out of Morehead City. :sharks: The sharks are neat too, but bubbles seem to frighten them, so shoot the pic before you breathe.

Good museum and aquarium there, too.

:cowboy2: don

DandyDon:
Yep, the WWI wrecks off of NC are great diving. U-352 gets a little boring after the first time, as the other wrecks have more to see, but then - it is a must do out of Morehead City. :sharks: The sharks are neat too, but bubbles seem to frighten them, so shoot the pic before you breathe.

Good museum and aquarium there, too.

:cowboy2: don
I haven't dove the ocean in years...and since I'm in Arkansas and back into it again I wanted to take up where I left off...I was ready to dive the U-85 when I got transferred and never got to go...and for the moment we're looking at 85, 352 and 701...as we get closer we'll figure out which...after that we'll be looking for an annual dive somewhere...right now my grandson is living in NC so it's another reason to go there and hang out with "the Little Dude"....Cheers

Back
Top Bottom