Howdy y'all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scotter

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to give a big 'ol HOWDY to everybody here! I've been lurkin' for a week or so... I love this board. Been kinda addicted to it actually.

Look forward to boardin' with y'all!

Oh, P.S.... you guys have already helped me rack up my credit card bill:D I just bought a TranspacII after reading up all y'alls opinions (and no, I'm not trolling for the BP/W-Backinflate flame war :) ) I'm getting it next week, and I want to head out to the scuba park as soon as I can to test it out in preparation for my trip to Roatan in August.

-Scotter

Howdy too
Working on my ow dives this weeekend and then I too will be working on cruise points with the old credit card.
Have the last 3 to complete and then it's on to a new world of staying wet for me.

Welcome

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the welcome! Thats awesome that you are getting certified... scuba is one of my favorite pastimes (which unfortunately I've only been able to do 1 or 2 times a year... but I am hoping to change that).

I hope you can get your cruise points built up fast so you can get into the ocean as soon as possible (well I guess the credit card bill might be a downside). Any front-runners on where you'll be off to?

Good luck with your o/w dives this weekend!

-Scotter

I knew I'd better check out the string when somebody uses Howdy !
Be sure to visit us down in the TX Swamp Diving Team [near the bottom of the board]
Lots of folks ready to go out & help you test your new toys!

Welcome:)

Thanks Scotter,
I love to cruise and did a discover scuba in Cozumel and that is what convinced me that down under is where I want to be.I loved coz it was beautiful great Viz and warm water- what more can you ask for?
I heard great things about Belize as well. I am open to most anyplace wet.
Once I get my cert. I will start planning a trip most likely to coz to start, but in the mean time I wil most definitely be diving every weekend I can at Lake Travis-where I am doing my OW.I want to gt as much time underwater as my credit will allow-.
Then with all those point the cruise should be paid for:)
Well off in a few minutes to head to DS and then down to Austin.
Thanks for the well wishes. Hope to be celebrating a new card to carry proudly on Sunday.
Thanks Again
Karen

-=>Larry<=- once bubbled...
Be sure to visit us down in the TX Swamp Diving Team [near the bottom of the board]
Lots of folks ready to go out & help you test your new toys!

Welcome:)
Thanks Larry.. I'll check out the northerners of the TXSDT.
babyblue once bubbled...
I will start planning a trip most likely to coz to start
IMHO Cozumel's just about the best bang for the buck trip you can do from Texas. While some places may have better diving, its just so easy to get there (from TX), has decent night life, and its a fairly inexpensive trip.
babyblue once bubbled...
I wil most definitely be diving every weekend I can at Lake Travis
You should try some night diving in Hippy Hollow... should make for so interesting sights if the viz isn't too bad :D

Back
Top Bottom