Howdy-Houston Dive Partner?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi eeg0323

If you come out Sunday we will be at TL all day. I grew up in Friendswood but now live on the west side. We have been traveling the TX lakes this summer but still find TL our favorite. Hope to see you their.

We always try to be on Swampers Point....that little point of land about midway down the back side of the lake. We like to get there around noon after most of the classes have left. If you get there around then or later, just ask Cheryl or Mike at the gate to point out Dee or Beast to you and send you our way. Everyone is welcome.

Hey TDH. Im gonna be coming back this weekend. Got back from Coz and have been doing nothing but working. Looking forward to divi9ng at Twin Lakes this weekend. Im prob going to come Saturday. Think you'll be there? See ya man.

Sorry dwwest101 I have to work Saturday can't make it till Sunday. TL is good for a TX lake but it's a real long long way from Coz!

Thanks gang for the replies. If the weatehr holds and I can clear up some "honey do's" will try to make it out Sunday.
Dee you mentioned after noon on sunday. Is that becasue of alll the classes or is that just when things seem to get together.
NDH you said you would be out all day. You try to set up around the same place Dee mentioned? I have not dove TL, so I will be the rookie and need some guidance. LOL

Hope to see you folks there

Noonish on Sunday is good for us for several reasons. One is most of the classes have gone. Another is it gives us time to have a leisurely morning and not be in a big hurry. We still have plenty of time to get in 3-4 good dives. It also allows folks to get out of church and still get together to dive.

We will be their in the morning to help our LDS with a class. But we are looking forward to meeting new people and diving with ya'll. Dee, I hope when we finial meet ya'll you don't mind us picking your brain about dive trips, roatan ect. egg0320 it would be great to meet ya and do some diving but we are by know means experts. We are still rookies that have been tring to improve our skills each week. My wife and I finished our rescue class back in May.

Hey EEG0323
I know where you are coming from about no partner. My wife doesnt and cant dive. That doesnt stop me. Went to Roatan and my buddy the whole week was a guy from Guadalara who spoke no English. But he was a good diver. Thats what counts. On my recent trip to Cozumel my buddy was a much younger and thinner guy that me who is taking DM training. But he used air like crazy. He finally ended up going up with some other guy using air as same rate as him. I went up with others who used less air. Not the way the training says but thats the way it happened.

Come on out Sunday

leiserom
Not having a dive buddy gets in the way for the fun Sunday type dives that it seems are available at TL. Excitied to find out about the opportunity. Other than my OW, AOW, Nitrox, and other specialty classes, my diving has been off cruise vacations so not really with one buddy more of a group thing.

NDH, I am no expert either. I need the practice and look forward to having an opportunity to do that. I hope to do the rescue class the next time my LDS offers it. I have a 5 day dive trip to Cozumel in late August and would like to do some practice before that.

Hope the weather holds and all works out for Sunday

Hey eeg0323
There is no doubt we will be their Sunday and it would be great to dive with you. We drive a tan Camery with a texas dive sticker on the rear left side window. Most likely I'll be the largest person their with a vary colorful skin, that my wife laughs at all the time. We will be parked in front of the second to last dock. See you their

Back
Top Bottom