How valuable is your pet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since people are posting pet photos, here's an unnecessary and gratuitous photo of our large main cat, Norman, and our small backup cat, Oswald.

aquaoren:
You did notice though that your kitty is showing us the finger? :wink:
:rofl: You posted that one on purpose for me didn't you Missy :wink:

Technicallly it's not the finger, it's the claw.

Sue, I'm glad to see that you are practicing safe cat ownership and have a primary and a safe second.

Paula

Mrs.Prages:
Technicallly it's not the finger, it's the claw.

Sue, I'm glad to see that you are practicing safe cat ownership and have a primary and a safe second.

Paula
I can't see the long hose on the primary cat. :wink:

It's tucked up under the safe's head there. :D

Mrs.Prages:

Paula
Redundancy is key. :wink:

kent_1848:
:rofl: You posted that one on purpose for me didn't you Missy :wink:

Now Kent.... would I do that? :rofl2:

lol... just trying to lighten the mood of the thread... This is obviously a sensitive subject for several of us... so..... maybe we need a group hug

kristi hager:
Awwwwwww! I have a picture (somewhere) Of my Kees and 2 rescues (had 3 at once for a while) and me. They were so beautiful! My Kees girl was gorgeous. I bought her (unregistered) from someone for $50. She had a dark face, and the usual markings. Her outer coat was not very harsh, so she was very soft. She was also a petite Kees. A very special girl. I had a CD title on her. She was really good in the obedience ring. A great watcher. I think every judge commented on her beautiful recall, and flip finish. A few Obedience Club members commented that they would LOVE to have a dog that wanted to work that much.

Thanks for the memories. I don't often have time or make time to reflect on my special girl.

I did loads of research before picking my breeds, and it sure paid off. Kees was #1, Sammy's were # 2. I was looking for certain sizes and dispositions, and they have been great choices for me. They are a bit different in personalities, and I like both for different reasons. I think I need another Kees.

Yes, it is wonderful to remember them.... It is great to "speak" to someone, too, who knows how wonderful these dogs are. I have never had a Sammy, though........ Next one is definitely going to be a Kees for me! I do have a picture of Yogi somewhere, too. I will have to dig it out.......... He had absolutely perfect confirmation, and was gorgeous, but could not be shown due to his markings....... Or lack thereof! They don't allow Black Keeshonds in the show ring! He was a wonderful addition to our family, though, and I can't wait to be able to get another one!

I honestly don't care if the markings are perfect. I'm more interested in the temperment being the way it's supposed to. They are beautiful creatures though.

I know so many people say mixed breeds are preferable, but my experience has been that the purebreds act the way the breeds are supposed to act. That's a great thing when you are looking for certain types of behavior.

Sammy's aren't quite as smart as the kees, but they seem to be a little more loving (needy), and not as aloof as a Keeshond. I have had 4 Kees (3 rescue), and 2 Sammoyed (1 rescue that I kept). Just my observation on the two. My male Sammy is such a mama's boy. He doesn't like to have me out of his sight.

Yes, I am the same way..... Don't care what they look like (even though both were gorgeous), it's definitely the personality and temperament. Austin was definitely needy. When I got him, he did come with some issues. He had separation anxiety and fear aggression. I constantly assured him that he was loved, and he seemed to get better with the anxiety, and I changed the way I dealt with him when he had his aggressive moments, and he turned around 100%. He was a completely new dog, and I miss him dearly. The picture of him that I posted was as far away as he would ever be from me! It was usually in my lap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom