How to trim weight with DDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey ladies

I bobble around in the water a bit too much for my liking.
I wonder if this is because I don't have my weight trimmed appropriately for my extra up front buoyancy.
I'm sure that women's BCDs are designed to help deal with this, but I dive with a man's.

Can someone give me some tips on correcting the matter? I've never tried putting weight in my shoulders. Would that help?

I'm seriously thinking about a reduction since the dang things are just a nuisance in general!

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

I'm 32E, and BP/W all the way for comfort though I don't think they are hugely problematic for trim other than making me very floaty. Given you are short you can get one with a smaller plate and make your own harness. I'd just try weight in all sorts of spots and see what works out for your trim. But a lot of the bobbing about could be because your BCD is not holding your tanks stable. I always had floaty feet so have to wear my weight as low as possible but since losing a bunch of weight I am now very feet heavy and had to move it all back up again. The weight loss has caused only a one cup size difference so I think your overall fat distribution would seem more important for trim than just bra size if that makes sense.

Midget,
If your intrested, I have a bunch of single weight pockets that you can attach to webbing for trim pockets in different areas on your BC/Tank/Ect. They are just sitting in my garrage in a box. They are yours if you want them, all I ask is you pay shipping. PM me if intrested.

Although everyone talks about the various metal backplates, don't forget that a great bp/w setup for traveling light is the oxycheq ultralight combined with their mach V wing.

Can fit on any frame from short to big and you can either use a simple hog type harness or go as "fancy" as a transnplate.

I used that setup for a while, sold the plate, got a transpac and am now thinking about selling the transpace going back to the oxycheq plate setup again.

Back
Top Bottom