How to tell which wing I have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmurray719

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently purchased a second hand halcyon bp/w, and am not sure which wing/what lift capacity I ended up with. The seller said it was "the only singles wing Halcyon makes, which has 30lbs lift." I know Halcyon makes more than one singles wing, with more lift choices. I believe it's a Pioneer wing, based on there not being a zipper for access to an inner bladder, but I have no idea how to figure out the lift capacity. The only label on it is the one above the plate. Is there a way to figure it out? Thanks!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 158
Yes it's a Pioneer. I *think* it's the 27# although they also made 18, 36 and 45# Pioneers

One way to figure it out would be to inflate it, put it in the bath tub and chuck 27# on it. If it just sinks it's a 27#

Or you can fill it up with water and weigh it, subtracting the dry weight - should be accurate enought to pick between the four options

Alternatively you could try e-mailing Halcyon with the serial number. Or just wait for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to post here

Tortuga68 is correct. It is a Pioneer and it does look like the 27. There should be a small identification tag on the back of the wing. It will be under the flap that is under the handle (if that makes any sense). If you still have questions, feel free to contact me at techservices@halcyon.net.

I didn't check for secret hidden flaps! I do understand where you're saying the tag is. Thanks for the info, I'll check when I get home.

The tag was indeed there (once I knew where to look) and it was the 27. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom