How to switch Zoop from Wrist to Console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to Scuba.com, you cannot switch the two:

"Hello, this computer in the wrist version is not design to fit inside a console. You would need to buy the computer that is mated into the console."

According to Scuba.com, you cannot switch the two:

"Hello, this computer in the wrist version is not design to fit inside a console. You would need to buy the computer that is mated into the console."

I find that hard to believe. Ceratinly with the Vyper and Zoop's predecessor, they're just a puck module and you can switch them. Having never seen Zoop out of the wrist mount I can't say for sure but seems it would be the same

Suunto Zoop Yellow - Suunto

I find that hard to believe. Ceratinly with the Vyper and Zoop's predecessor, they're just a puck module and you can switch them. Having never seen Zoop out of the wrist mount I can't say for sure but seems it would be the same

Suunto Zoop Yellow - Suunto

That's what I was thinking but common sense has never gotten in the way of manufacturer's making changes like this. I have to go into the shop tommorrow and play with one again to double check.

This would seem to imply that it can be done but I think Mythbusters would say "inconclusive"

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...71-zoop-console-wrist-mount-modification.html

Haha. I read that post as well, which made me think it was doable. I think it's a combination of laziness and the desire to upsell on the part of scuba.com...

If I have to buy a suunto 2 gauge console, it won't be worth it and I'll just keep it on my wrist. Since even the smallest setting on suunto's strap is too big, I'm thinking to switch to bungee
mount for my wife's. Hopefully that works.

Confirmed...

Vyper console.jpgvyper console 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom