how to remove hose protectors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novasquid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i did a search and found a bunch of posts with a ton of opinions for the pros and cons of hose protectors, but not a single post on how to remove them. i'm assuming they have to be cut off? this is for a scubapro mk25 and g260/r195 2nd stage combo.

well, the g260 is already hooked up to the mk25, and i don't have the necessary tools to unhook them. so i guess i'll have to snip them off.

pliers and a bit of padding - bastard nut is not a problem (p.s. - change hoses)

Take the hose off the first stage. Take the hose off the second stage. Immerse the hose protector ends in hot water 140 degrees or so. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Slide the hose protector down the hose away from the first stage end boss about 4 inches. Apply soap to hose,wrap the the other end of the hose around your hand and pull like hell with the other hand. It should slip over the boss end. Soap the whole length of hose. Slip the second stage end down the hose toward the first stage boss, Rinse the hose, wrap the hose around your hand and with the other hand pull like hell. Second stage nut is bigger than the first stage boss, don't go that way. Rinse off the hose and connect it to the first stage, install first stage on tank. Slowly open valve to dry hose. Install second stage. DON'T put these things :eyebrow: back on . If you don't already have tools to do this, then you are not mechanically inclined... just give up SCUBA diving.

actually.. some of them are quite thick and cant be so easily cut off..

just remove the hose from the first stage.. and it should come out quite okay... else... soak them in hot water for a while.. then it will come off

Back
Top Bottom