How to pick a BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Etch a sketch - shmetch a sketch!

Take a look at these..... (click on the picture for a larger view)

Fashion fin chic fins.jpg

What's your shoe size, Andy? And when's your birthday?

Sibermike: Sadly, not available in red (yet), but it does come in ... ahem..."burnt sienna".

Last edited:
I don't know about other people's inline octo, but the air that goes from the inline octo into my mouth doesn't go through the wing first. But hey, what do I know, I ain't no fancy bungee-around-the-neck octo diver.

BTW, why aren't you dead yet using that inferno inline octo?

I think it is the evil of using a traditional BC with the evil air2-the 2 evils counter each other out and I slip by alive. I don't know how this will work when I go with the BP/W...I know, I'll keep the evil snorkle. :lotsalove:

RAWalker wasn't saying that the air was breathed from the AIR2 via the bladder....

He was confronted with the problem of how to use the LPI to dump air whilst breathing from the AIR2 and suggested the lunatic solution of not 'dumping' air, but rather sucking it out of the bladder via the AIR2 mouthpiece.

Oh wow. I'm not sure what to say...I guess that is what happens if you don't learn the equipment. I actually use mine about every 2 to 3 dive trips just to keep in practice and make sure everything works..but that's just me. I'm crazy that way.

Take a look at these.....

View attachment 64669

What's your shoe size, Andy? And when's your birthday?

Sibermike: Sadly, not available in red (yet), but it does come in ... ahem..."burnt sienna".

Those are so excellently funny.... I would buy then just for the comedy value of having them on display here in the shop...

...and one dayI know all my dreams would come true and someone would seriously ask about buying them for diving! :rofl3:

At least those are a joke / novelty....

THESE ARE FOR REAL !!!!!!!!!

folding-scuba-fins-omega-aquatics-amphibian-flipfins.jpg

If they're good fins in the water I'm not sure what the problem is. Of course, I don't know how the fins lock down so that might be an issue.

That would be my primary concern too. Failure of the locking mechanism would render the fin useless. I would have thought that would be a primary concern for a cave diver...

All for the sake of walking a few steps before putting your fins on?!

I know at least ONE hard core cave diver who uses these flip-up fins. He's a Scubaboard member too.
Well, you got me there! Surely there aren't any idiots on ScubaBoard! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Actually I was thinking how hard it might be to walk through surf with little "sails" attached to you ankles, but hey, if that's what you want to do, go for it! But then again, I use ForceFins and that is a different can of worms!!!:stirpot:

:duck:

:rofl3:

Last edited:
That would be my primary concern too. Failure of the locking mechanism would render the fin useless. I would have thought that would be a primary concern for a cave diver...

All for the sake of walking a few steps before putting your fins on?!

being able to walk a couple of feet is clearly another example of a solution still looking for it's problem. Poor lost little solution, where will he go?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom