How to obtain a 15 inch (not 19 inch !!!) BCD inflator assembly ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
....here's hoping ScottZeagle or someone is reading this thread.......................how in the world do I obtain a complete BCD power inflator assembly, with shoulder pull-dump that's NOT ---19 inches --- long !!! ??? My 7 year old Ranger came with a 19 inch long power inflator assembly......as well as the new, replacement assembly I received from ScubaToys today...... I had special requested a 15 inch long assembly, my invoice says 15 inch assembly, but it's STILL 19 inches long....SOMEHOW I need to get my hands on a 15 inch long version, and I can't believe all the kid's or women's Zeagle BC's are all coming with 19 inch assemblies...any suggestions ?

Thanks ,

Karl

I don't think that Zeagle makes a 15". As for the hose, check here.

I don't think that Zeagle makes a 15". As for the hose, check here.
I don't believe TDL carries the corrugated hoses. Why don't you call Scubatoys back. I'm sure they will correct the error. I believe corrugated hoses are available in 12, 16 (std), and 20 inch lengths.

...thanks to both of you for your input. I have a special configuration on my dual bladder Oxycheq wing......I searched every BCD manufacturer / tech supply shop I know of, and after MUCH research, discovered that ONLY Zeagle produces an inflator that will work for my configuration.....if I had a digital camera, it would be very easy to see my problem and you'd agree with me, so for now, you'll have to trust me that I know exactly what I need....the Zeagle power inflator is EXACTLY what I need, aside from being too long. It won't do me any good to order a separate 15" or 16" corrugated hose from another manufacturer and 'splice' in the Zeagle parts, the Zeagle stainless steel inner pull cable is 19" long, and would cause there to be 3" or 4" of slack if I ran it inside a generic corrugated hose, rendering the shoulder dump valve inoperable.

Karl

.....well, turns out the Zeagle inflator assembly WON"T attach to the wing....the shoulder dump valve is a little too wide and won't screw into the bladder...however, it appears the Diverite inflator assembly WILL attach to the Oxycheq wing/bladder OK....so my next thought is to drop by Scubatoys on Saturday and order a pair of the Diverite ones...I don't think I'll order them over the phone...Diverite makes a couple of different versions with differing placement of the power inflator button location...and I need one of each different version, so I'm going to VERY specifically show them EXACTLY what I need.

...I guess I'll keep my 'wrong' Zeagle 19" power inflator assembly as a spare for my back-up BCD, my 'old' Ranger.

Karl

If you get to the point where the cable is the only unresolved problem, they can be fabricated in any length by the better SW fishing supply stores.

He would have to take the entire assembly in for them to shorten the cable. The cable is attached to the dump valve. I did mine but I had the equipment to do it.

...thank you for your suggestions.....I'll considering them, those options will be my 'plan B', I'm really looking for a bolt on/off-the-shelf solution so I'll explore that option further first.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom